I've been looking for a good OD to put in front of my Roadster to tighten up Channels 3 & 4, add some power to my palm muting, and make for a great lead tone.
I know that the TS9 gets a lot of attention--particularly when put in front of a Roadster, but I wanted to see if there were any other recommendations.

So, here's the list of potentials: Green Rhino, Jekyll & Hyde, SD-1, OS-2, and, of course, the TS9 (or the TS9DX).

I play a lot of hard rock and metal. Again, this is mainly for a boost, not something to distort a clean channel.

My budget if probably around $150--new or used.

Thanks, guys!
PRS SE CU22 | PRS SE CU24 | Takamine EG463SC
Mesa/Boogie Dual Rectifier Roadster | Rectifier 212
Pitchblack+ | Bad Monkey | FAB Chorus | NOVA Delay
do you want it to tighten your tone and all that good stuff?

if so then a tubescreamer is probably the way to go (at least without doing a ton of research).

by that i don't mean the ts9... i mean something designed like a tubescreamer. Most of the pedals you listed there are tubescreamer clones, or closeish copies.

you have a lot of options, basically.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
try out the Maxon od808 or od9, Fulltone OCD, MXR Wylde Overdrive (i hear it has more "balls" then the ts9), MXR GT-OD Overdrive Pedal. give them all a try and which one you like.
My Gear
Peavey Ultra Plus
Ibanez RGA42FM with EMG 81/85 with 18 volt mod
Marshall Valvestate VS102R
Ibanez TS9
Schecter C1FR
MXR M-109 EQ
I used to use my Maxon OD-808 for that. It sounds awesome. The stand alone OD on it leaves something to be desired but as a boost it can't be beat.
Sig What?
Fulltone OCD. Awesome OD, killer boost. IMO there's no other choice.
Petey D

Ankle Burner & World Class Sauce Jockey

Sparrow Big Daddy Ace

Sparrow Ratrod Boss

Johnson JT50 Mirage
i have the bbe green screamer to boost the signal. try getting a pedal used on guitarcenter.com ive never bought used gear on there that has failed on me
-------------
--The Rig--
Peavey 5150 Head
BBE 362 SONIC MAXIMIZER
dbx 266xl COMPRESSOR GATE
Q215 PEAVEY EQ
Mesa 4x12 Standard Rectifier cab
ESP,LTD Viper 400 baritone (fitted with EMG81,85 actives)
-------------
Catalinbread Silverkiss
Quote by Blompcube
it's so cool to hate Gibson, even the federal Department of Justice hates them.

( )( )
( . .) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
C('')('') signature to help him gain world domination.
The maxon od808 will love your roadster.
My gear-
Schecter C-1 Classic
Mesa Boogie 2 Ch. Dual Rectifier(blackface)
And some pedals

For sale Minty Ibanez RGA7 seven string with tour grade hsc $330+s/h or best offer!
PM me if interested

R.I.P Ashley S. Jean
Digitech Hardwire Tube Overdrive. does the tubescreamer thing and has a mod switch that ups the gain. better EQ set up than a tubescreamer and a lot of the clones.
Tube screamer type pedals seem to be the best for this type of function. The OCD is a good unit, but the bass is too boomy, it's just going to make things flabby and muddy.
I can vouch for the Fulltone OCD as well (see gear). It does a great job adding more gain to your existing tone unlike some other pedals which create a whole new tone for you. Sounds like just the thing for you.
Gibson SG Standard
Orange Rocker 30 combo
Fulltone OCD
EH Holy Grail
The 808 is a great pedal....but I still prefer the mid hump Ts9.
So then the most popular seems to be the Maxon. How does that compare/differ from anything else on the list? Also, I haven't heard much from hear about the Jekyll/Hyde. Does anyone have anything to say about that pedal?

Thanks
PRS SE CU22 | PRS SE CU24 | Takamine EG463SC
Mesa/Boogie Dual Rectifier Roadster | Rectifier 212
Pitchblack+ | Bad Monkey | FAB Chorus | NOVA Delay
Maxon an Ibanez are the same pedal. So either one is a good choice. The TS is usually used as a boost because of it's mid hump and it's bass cut. By cutting the bass and boosting mids, it makes the tone tighter.
If you want a TS style pedal for cheaper, look into the Digitech Bad Monkey, but a TS will do you well.
Quote by bAngiel01
So then the most popular seems to be the Maxon. How does that compare/differ from anything else on the list? Also, I haven't heard much from hear about the Jekyll/Hyde. Does anyone have anything to say about that pedal?

Thanks

I've used the Jekyll and Hyde before, but not as a boost. You're better off just getting the Route 808 from Visual Sound (the overdrive part of the Jekyll and Hyde) than paying around $150 for the overdrive AND distortion on the J&K. The Route 808 is another Tubescreamer-type overdrive, and I find Visual Sound's new housing to be quite durable. I think they're around $90 used.
Fender Strat -> MXR GT-OD -> Lovepedal OD-11 -> MXR Black Label Chorus -> Mesa F-30

Exclusively using V-Picks!
don't do the OCD, they arent the best boost at all.

any of the standard TS pedals will work just fine.
mojostompboxes.com
they're rebranded biyangs... gfs claims they're modified, i have no idea. Certainly the biyangs i've tried sounded pretty good, but the reliability was terrible.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
green rhino ftw, best tubescreamer ever, love mine
Member of the Schecter Hellraisers
Gear:
Esp Ltd KH-603, Schecter c-1+ and Epiphone Les Pauls
Carvin amps, Sperzel Trim-Lok, Emg active pickups only, Tonepros bridges.