I don't get why there are so few tabs to be found for this band, they are making a name for themselves around the world now aren't they? They are hard to tab though. Still working on Swallowed by the Earth.
I think the reason for that is that they have lackluster riffs
lstfm

I'm a Nazi, baby
I'm a Nazi, yes I am
I'm a Nazi schatzi, you know I'll fight for the Fatherland
Quote by Annihilator666
I love Precambrian and Aeolion, not too fond of the last 2 albums they put out though. Would still love to see them live.

Also:
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=730169&highlight=the+ocean+collective

This entire post +1

I absolutely loved Precambrian. To the absolute core. I've yet to hear another post metal album that blends the harsh, sweeping atmospheres of post metal and doom, and the absolute crushing riffs of math-y Meshuggah things, in their own seperate ways.

But the latest couple of albums have just been...... boring? I feel like that's too harsh of a term. They're sonically nice, and not really BAD to listen to, but I just get disinterested, and accidentally stop listening to the album. By the time I realise where I am on the album, I don't really care. :/

The most interesting boring albums of all time?
Voted 3rd Friendliest User of UG 2010

BUILD A TIME MACHINE, AND JERK OFF IN IT, AND SEND IT TO HITLER!

Saxo-Walrus

Steam & PSN ID: Panopticon20
Precambrian was so good that everything else I've heard from them pales so much in comparison that I just can't be bothered.

Although, are they not pretty much a completely different band from when Precambrian was released?
Quote by ChemicalFire
The point of underground bands is their not popular or famous most of the time. Thus there is a good chance they suck.
Quote by The Wildchild
I think the reason for that is that they have lackluster riffs

What a pathetic attempt at an insult.

OT: This is purdy good. Stenian: Mount Sorrow sounds really beautiful.
After re-listening to the first few tracks of Heliocentric, those vocals are fucking awful and the riffs are really uninspired. This is a lot worse than I remembered.
Quote by ChemicalFire
The point of underground bands is their not popular or famous most of the time. Thus there is a good chance they suck.
Yeah I remember Heliocentric being awful and therefore I never checked out anything else by them but apparently Precambrian is good so i'll check that out.
Cette nuit j'ai rêvé que je mâchais ses yeux
Après avoir crevé par accès de furie
Ta replète panse d'helminthes blancs nourrie,
Trop prompte à déféquer le fruit d'un vit sanieux.
Aeolian is probably my favorite album of theirs. Been fond of pretty much everything they have released thus far.
last.fm
"the waves have now a redder glow..."
Precambrian is awesome.

Fluxion isn't bad either. Those who liked the second Precambrian disc might like it. However the vocals on that album are from just one guy I think, and he gets a bit boring to me.
In my heart I'm with you

every night
I recall liking Precambrian at first, and genuinely losing interest in it fairly quickly.

Lackluster riffs and nothing to keep the listener entertained after multiple listens
HESSIAN HAREM
FOR THE ADVANCEMENT OF THE HESSIAN CULTURE. STAY TRUE.
They seem like a once in awhile kind of band. If I forget about them for a couple months then pop in Precambrian they're cool.
In my heart I'm with you

every night
Those "once in a while" albums never work for me. I pop it in and quickly remember why I put it up in the first place.
HESSIAN HAREM
FOR THE ADVANCEMENT OF THE HESSIAN CULTURE. STAY TRUE.
I was shocked to see this thread has so few posts. I thought they were a lot bigger on here. I discovered them from a review on this site. They restored my faith in modern music. I was pretty much only listening to 80's/90's music and now I'm checking out some other somewhat modern bands. I just bought all their albums and so far Anthropocentric is my favorite (hence the user title). I plan on seeing their tragically short set this summer at Summer Slaughter. I'm going just for them (really, Norma Jean gets more time?). I also plan on travelling to NYC to see them on their fall headlining tour.
Quote by palm mute
Probably because there is another thread for them https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=730169

Sorry, I was looking and only saw this one. I'm surprised this one still exists.

Quote by severed-metal
Restored your faith

I just lost mine.

How did that happen? I'm just happy to see bands put out these big conceptual works. I know prog metal has been around but most of it sounds like Dream Theater rip offs to me.
Last edited by Anthropocentric at Jun 5, 2013,
Eh don't mind me, I don't like the music. I find it odd when people say their faith in modern music has been restored by bands like this.
Quote by severed-metal
Eh don't mind me, I don't like the music. I find it odd when people say their faith in modern music has been restored by bands like this.

Like I said, it's the big concepts behind their music.
There is a much bigger thread about this band on this forum.

Y'all r dummies.
All I want is for everyone to go to hell...
...It's the last place I was seen before I lost myself

Quote by DisarmGoliath
You can be the deputy llamma of the recordings forum!