so a pawnn shop has this old beat up made in nchina squire p bass. whats the verdict on these things they any good? nothing real idientf ing about other than the word squire is not the the neck plate and it has the old style closed tuners and says made in china squire p bass. basically is it worth the 100 bucks
Quote by Dempsey68
don't see why not, 100 bucks is next to nothing isn't it?

http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/reviews/bass_guitars/squier/p-bass/index.html <- there's the reviews on it anyway.

and pictures would be nice, and as far as i was aware, "squier" was never on the neck plate??? isn't it on the headstock...

Some do some don't real question is are these higher quility than the ones made in say indonesia
probably a little better quality, but not by massive amounts.

best bet is to go in, play it, and then see what you think about it.
Belief is a beautiful armour but makes for the heaviest sword.
It's probably a munted old affinity. Might be alright. Might be shit. Play it? $100 sounds about right anyway.
Basses:
Fender Precision Bass
Fender Jazz Bass
1967 Fender Coronado Bass II
Warwick Star Bass
Squier Precision Bass TB
Quote by Dempsey68
don't see why not, 100 bucks is next to nothing isn't it?

http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/reviews/bass_guitars/squier/p-bass/index.html <- there's the reviews on it anyway.

and pictures would be nice, and as far as i was aware, "squier" was never on the neck plate??? isn't it on the headstock...

I believe anything that's Affinity and above has Squier on the neck plate. My Affinity Strat has the Squier logo on the neck plate.

It's prolly a Bullet bass, which is not worth $100 sadly.
regardless it's a pawn shop they say $100 you say $80 see what happens, squier p bass is fine, and Guitarfetish supplies all the modding parts you'll need over time for cheap
Why bother with buying a used bass that may have any sort of issues when for $100 more you can buy a brand new Squier Affinity Series P Bass at Guitar Center
The Dean of Discontent
University of Beelzebub
Hell, Antarctica