Alright so the spring that kept one of my pickups slid off because I had the screw too loose. So I took off all my strings for my floyd rose, and fixed it. Upon putting the strings back in I used my tremolo bar to lift up the floyd rose thing so I could stick a pencil under it (to keep it in place while I put the screws in) but I didn't put it in all the way and snap. This happened.

Oh crap! I think you're gonna need a new one... Just out of interest, what guitar does that bridge belong to?
That's what happens when it's a "Licensed" Floyd Rose. *Evil condescending laugh*

Just don't use the floyd arm or alternatively super glue it in.

Schecter C-1 Hellraiser FR
ESP LTD MH-1000NT
Marshall AVT100
Boss ME-70

Quote by stratdud39
Thank you for your words of wisdom.
Quote by joeAOTE
Oh crap! I think you're gonna need a new one... Just out of interest, what guitar does that bridge belong to?

B.C. Rich Warlock N.J. Series.

Quote by stompbox
ok yours looks just like mine if it is that part dose come off so you can replace it got www.stewmac.com they have parts for every thing

How exactly does yours come off?
Last edited by zomgguitarz1234 at May 19, 2011,
Same thing happened to me with my Wolfgang.

You'll be wanting this: http://www.stewmac.com/shop/Bridges,_tailpieces/Electric_guitar_tremolo_parts/Floyd_Rose_tremolos_and_parts/Floyd_Rose_Tremolo_Arms.html

It's a whole new replacement arm, but it comes with the bushing (the part that broke).

EDIT: To take out the bushing, look underneath the guitar in the tremolo cavity. Next to the sustain block, there should be an allen key screw that is what holds the bushing in. Unscrew that to remove the bushing.

Here's a picture of the underside of a Floyd Rose. The part you want to unscrew is that round piece sticking out in the upper right.

Last edited by Pac_man0123 at May 19, 2011,
Quote by Pac_man0123
Same thing happened to me with my Wolfgang.

You'll be wanting this: http://www.stewmac.com/shop/Bridges,_tailpieces/Electric_guitar_tremolo_parts/Floyd_Rose_tremolos_and_parts/Floyd_Rose_Tremolo_Arms.html

It's a whole new replacement arm, but it comes with the bushing (the part that broke).

EDIT: To take out the bushing, look underneath the guitar in the tremolo cavity. Next to the sustain block, there should be an allen key screw that is what holds the bushing in. Unscrew that to remove the bushing.

Here's a picture of the underside of a Floyd Rose. The part you want to unscrew is that round piece sticking out in the upper right.

Thanks a ton dude, also I got a question.

The bridge is kinda like uneven. Basically towards the lower strings it comes out more and higher strings its closer to the pickups.

This creates a huge problem: My highest string is almost off the neck. Like to even hit it and make it sound properly I have to slightly bend it. How would I fix this?
Get the allen wrench that you use to unscrew the locking nut (I'm 90% sure it's the same one) and turn the post on the side that has the strings higher up. Tightening it (clockwise) makes the bridge go lower, loosening it makes the bridge go higher.

In this picture, the finger is pointing to the post I'm talking about.

Quote by Pac_man0123
Get the allen wrench that you use to unscrew the locking nut (I'm 90% sure it's the same one) and turn the post on the side that has the strings higher up. Tightening it (clockwise) makes the bridge go lower, loosening it makes the bridge go higher.

In this picture, the finger is pointing to the post I'm talking about.

Yeah I got it out, was damn hard too whoever screwed went a little over kill.

And its not higher or lower, its like out more. Like its half a centimeter farther from the pickups on one side than the other.
Quote by Pac_man0123
I'm not sure, then... have the pickups been changed? It's possible that they were replaced with non-f-spaced pickups so the poles don't line up under the strings properly.

Its not the pickup. I mean.

Look at the picture I linked in the original post of my broken floyd rose.

In the space between the pickup and the floyd rose if you look closely (its hard to tell in the picture) that theres some space in between the floyd rose and the body towards the deeper strings (theres a light grey foam under it that you can see.)

I circled it in blue

Basically: The floyd rose is farther from the pickups towards the deeper strings, Its not higher or lower I tried messing with that, and I even tried messing with the springs in the back of the guitar but didn't really get any major difference. I think this might be causing my highest string to be off the neck almost, while my lowest one is pretty well on it.
Last edited by zomgguitarz1234 at May 19, 2011,
Seems to me that the bushing on the low E side is a bit farther back than the one on the treble side... Aside from filling the hole and redrilling the spot, I don't think you can really do much about that.

Although, that doesn't really explain why your highest string would be off the neck.

Quote by Pac_man0123
Seems to me that the bushing on the low E side is a bit farther back than the one on the treble side... Aside from filling the hole and redrilling the spot, I don't think you can really do much about that.

Although, that doesn't really explain why your highest string would be off the neck.

Alright, well thanks a lot.