So here's thproblem...I noticed today that the Neck pickup on my Lp is Louder than the bridge pickup,

While it doesnt quite have the "crunch" that the Bridge pup has..the neck is significantly louder..maybe 5 db?

Any idea's on what could cause this?

This just happened,,,within today...
Quote by Pan-Tallica
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
But theres no reason why i cant be free like a raspberry stuck to the back of a horny elephants ass.

This is maybe the worst comparison in the history of comparisons.
dodgy wiring probs

also you could try lowering the neck p-up alternatively raising the bridge p-up...

or just check your volume knob is on max. if so, maybe turn your amp up a little more, lower the volume on the guitar for the neck pickup so its the same as the bridge one. and then you should be back to square one. where everything has the same volume
Belief is a beautiful armour but makes for the heaviest sword.
or as its just happened today could be a wiring issue, consider visiting a guitar store and getting it looked at.
Bridge pickup and Neck pickup both @ same volume and hight..

I mean this literally happened today..guitar has not been dropped or moved since then...
Quote by Pan-Tallica
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
But theres no reason why i cant be free like a raspberry stuck to the back of a horny elephants ass.

This is maybe the worst comparison in the history of comparisons.
Normally the bridge is going to be much more trebly and tighter sounding than the neck, which will sound louder, more bassy, and less crunchy, more smooth, then the bridge which is normal. If the pickups are the same output, then the neck will always be louder than the bridge.
Last edited by ethan_hanus at May 19, 2011,
If the neck and bridge pickup are at the same height then it's normal for the neck pickup to be louder.

If you haven't changed either the pickup height or the bridge or string height and the bridge pickup has just randomly dropped in volume then I would think that it means the series link has come un done somehow. Open up the back, look for loose wires. Pretty eays to spot. If it's a stock pickup though then that can't happen, the only answer is the string height relative to the top of the pickups has changed.
If the series link has been un-linked, you'll notice significantly more hum than the neck pickup has (because only one coil of the pickup will be active)
i had a similar issue after having a bridge pup installed. my ground wire or something like that came loose, causing the output on the bridge to be next to nothing and the neck to be alot louder.
Quote by littlephil
If the series link has been un-linked, you'll notice significantly more hum than the neck pickup has (because only one coil of the pickup will be active)

Something of this sort happened to me, actually. The D-Sonic in my LP had the green wire pop off the back of the pot. It was really quiet.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
aren't you the guy with the late '70s ibanez les paul custom copy?

if it's only just started to happen it's probably the wiring or a dirty switch or volume pot or something like that.

however, i would expect that to be normal on a guitar like that, to a certain extent, because back then companies were still using the same pickups for bridge and neck positions, so naturally the neck pickup is going to be louder because there's more string movement towards the neck than there is at the bridge.
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.