I am looking to buy a Fender '62 reissue Stratocaster. I am choosing between an American Vintage reissue or an early '90s Japanese reissue. The Japanese one is usually $100-$200 cheaper, I find. I need help identifying the differences between the two, if any. Thank you.
Go japanese if you don't care about where the guitar is made (Which you really shouldn't) it is a quality guitar and is fantastic for its price .
american one is nitro, i think

if that's all the difference in price i'd go american (and i'm an MIJ fan). unless that's one of the high-end japanese ones with the nitro finish too.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I'm one of those crazy kids who prefers CIJ over MIA. It comes down to feel, really. If you've never played a Japanese Fender, put hands on before you chose. The necks really do have a different personality to them.
OBEY THE MIGHTY SHITKICKER
i have the mij (late 80s 62 RI) and if the US one was $100-200 more i'd of gone that route.

edit: providing i liked how it felt that is...
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
check the radius on the necks. the japanese one may have the original 7.25 radius the new american ones have 9.5. if that doesn't make a difference to you then try to play both and go with the one you like better it's really a win win situation.