Hey guys just joined the site I'm still a beginner at playing guitar and I seem to have trouble playing with this song http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dTNVQf5EXjc

I think its because I cant count rhythm on my head or I dnt have rhythm at all. Someone please help me develop proper rhythm?
Practice things that are easy for you to play with a metronome/drum machine/etc. Slow the beat down if its too fast for you. Once you can play things slower, you can speed up the beat again.

Listen to the beat. Really listen to it. So many players try to force their own playing speed onto the rhythm. Surrender to the beat, let it dictate how fast the piece will be played. You might not like the speed of the beat....you may want it faster or slower...but the beat doesnt care....

*cue spooky music*
Quote by AlanHB
It's the same as all other harmony. Surround yourself with skulls and candles if it helps.
Quote by 91RG350
Practice things that are easy for you to play with a metronome/drum machine/etc. Slow the beat down if its too fast for you. Once you can play things slower, you can speed up the beat again.

Listen to the beat. Really listen to it. So many players try to force their own playing speed onto the rhythm. Surrender to the beat, let it dictate how fast the piece will be played. You might not like the speed of the beat....you may want it faster or slower...but the beat doesnt care....

*cue spooky music*

pretty much all this

work it with a metronome too!

Quote by Gunpowder
Thrashturbating? Most metal of all ways to pleasure oneself.
first just take a metronome and count with it, I know it sounds dumb or boring, but it is helpful. start at about 90bpm and count like this

one two three four (count on the click, repeat till you are used to it)

when you are done try to count in eighth notes
one and two and three and four and (the and comes between the clicks and the numbers are on the clicks)

when you are done with both of those bump up the count to 100bpm then 110 then 120, that should be good, now try listening to a drum machine and find the beat, your one two three four should fit to the beat.

I hope this helps you man!
Quote by Dirk Gently
Some pieces are only meant to be played by people with six fingers on their fretting hand. Sorry.