http://soundcloud.com/galactic-pegasus/livin-on-a-prayer-djent-1

"Like" my facebook artist page
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Galactic-Pegasus/202513679771659?sk=app_2405167945

Updated complete version of instrumental. Vocals will be added in awhile, as well as possibly a breakdown to end the song instead of just the droning G.

Please let me know what you think

will C4C
Last edited by androidkaita at May 25, 2011,
I don't know if your singer sounds really close to Bon Jovi or you just used his vocal clip but it sounded pretty damn good. If Djent I what I think it is will it have a breakdown if so your on the right track my friends
pretty sure that a vocal clip lol. pretty cool. not a big fan of the sappy cover though, the vocals sound a bit disjointed.
It needs more polyrhythm and breakdowns and br00tz...

Sorry my first instinct is always to be an asshole. This actually sounds like a pretty cool idea, and I think your guitar tone is pretty good. I think it might sound a little better with some more complex drum parts and maybe some vocals that fit the "djent" genre a little better, although thats really personal preference.

Good luck moving forward with this.
Originally Posted by strat0blaster
No matter what you like, you will like Meshuggah.

FREE GUITAR STRINGS!
Quote by jumpaside
I don't know if your singer sounds really close to Bon Jovi or you just used his vocal clip but it sounded pretty damn good. If Djent I what I think it is will it have a breakdown if so your on the right track my friends

Hahaha, it is Bon jovi's vocal track, that would be scary if I found a singer that close to him!

Djent is bands like Periphery, Animals as Leaders, Monuments, Meshuggah and many more, but yeah it is very possible that I will include a breakdown, not 100% sure yet though as this is all I have down so far. But thank you very much for your opinion!

Quote by beatreebor
pretty sure that a vocal clip lol. pretty cool. not a big fan of the sappy cover though, the vocals sound a bit disjointed.

Yeah the sappy cover was a huge fail haha, I should probably remove that track :p

Quote by (sic)duckmaggot
It needs more polyrhythm and breakdowns and br00tz...

Sorry my first instinct is always to be an asshole. This actually sounds like a pretty cool idea, and I think your guitar tone is pretty good. I think it might sound a little better with some more complex drum parts and maybe some vocals that fit the "djent" genre a little better, although thats really personal preference.

Good luck moving forward with this.

Thanks man! I don't have a vocalist, I am doing this all solo, so I will probably stick with just the original vocal track unfortunately. This is still in the very beginning stages, so I will be sure to spice it up with some more fills to keep it interesting and such when it's done!
Last edited by androidkaita at May 19, 2011,
UPDATE:

http://soundcloud.com/galactic-pegasus/livin-on-a-prayer-djent-update

I'm not happy with the chorus yet, the guitar parts are not very good, need to think of something different there. Let me know what you think of the glitchy solo though please, I think it's cool but I'm not sure if people will like it haha.
I don't really like the drums, they sound too much like drum machine, and should be alot more complex if your going for a real djent sound. This is pretty much a standard 4/4 Rock Beat.

and these "glitchy solos" were pretty weird, didn't like them to much but you can keep them if you want... they are quite short so it doesn't really bother anyone.

But yeah I also liked the guitar tone and the idea is pretty awesome by itself.
But tbh this doesn't feel like a final version. Can still be improved
Thanks guys!

I too was not really sure if I liked the glitchy solos, the first one sounds kind of cool, but the second solo I think I should remove the glitches.

As for the drums, I am not a drummer at all, so I really don't know anything about drums, I used the guitar pro drum track and just moved some cymbals around and added more kick, and that's about it :/.