I did a search guys, don't flame me please! I just want to know how and when to use it. I set my pedal on to 'wah" mode, so that when I hit a single hit(even without pressing the pedal), it does have a bit of wah in it. When does the actual pedal come into use? In bends? To accent certain notes? Trills? Do you guys adjust the level or just use it on/halfway/off? I can't imagine using it while shredding or sweeping(except maybe at the end of a phrase). Just need some suggestions please
it depends what type of music you are playing, for things like funk or R&B you will use the wah in a tempo tapping function, for rock or metal you will probably use it for solos or different parts of a song where you might want a half cocked wah sound or just a bassy wah sound. It just depends on what your playing but for the most part wahs are used with a tapping tempo to get the wah wah wah sound.

Epi LP Custom EMGs
ESP H-1000
Schecter Elite 7
Jackson Dominion
Peavey Valveking Head
Jet City JCA24s
Blackstar HT20 & HTV212
MXR Pedals
Schecter Stiletto Custom
Schecter Stiletto Studio
Fender Vintage Modified
Ampeg B2RE
Fender 4x10 Cab
Um, imagine it I guess. You just rock it closed to adjust the tone for more treble, and open for more bass. Lots of people do different things with a wah, just put your foot on it and see what happens.

Quote by emad
jthm_guitarist
Warned for trolling!

Quote by metal4eva_22
Didn't you say that you had a stuffed fox that you would occasionally fuck?

Quote by Axelfox
It's not a fox,it's a wolf.
Quote by jthm_guitarist
Um, imagine it I guess. You just rock it closed to adjust the tone for more treble, and open for more bass. Lots of people do different things with a wah, just put your foot on it and see what happens.

+1
Sometimes, you'll want to rock it back and forth to a certain tempo, or use it to accent the notes, or just keep it in one position, and play different notes/chords/scales.
Like mention, play around with it. There's no set way to use a wah. Listen to bands that use wahs a lot. Kirk Hammet, Jimi Hendrix, Joe Satriani, etc.
MY GEAR:
PRS SE Custom 24
Jackson DKA7
Gibson Explorer
MESA/Boogie Express 5:25
BOSS GT-100

BOSS TU-2
Dunlop Cry Baby Classic
BOSS NS-2
VOX Joe Satriani Ice 9 OD Pedal
VOX Joe Satriani Time Machine Delay Pedal
Ernie Ball Strings
V Picks
Ummm... Im not being a smarty pants here.... Im rereading TS first post...looking at the wording.... Im probably wrong.... but am just making sure by asking this question:

You know that to use a wah and get that wah sound, you need to rock the pedal back and forth with your foot while you play a song, yeah?
Quote by AlanHB
It's the same as all other harmony. Surround yourself with skulls and candles if it helps.
Quote by 91RG350
Ummm... Im not being a smarty pants here.... Im rereading TS first post...looking at the wording.... Im probably wrong.... but am just making sure by asking this question:

You know that to use a wah and get that wah sound, you need to rock the pedal back and forth with your foot while you play a song, yeah?

Yep, as I said, I just some help knowing when and how to use it. I'm probably wrong in thinking it's regimented like vibrato or using a whammy bra.
Just to be sure, your not using a auto-wah pedal right?
Those pedals don't have any rocking motion, as you only press it to turn it on or off, and it will produce the wah-wah effect digitally as if a computer would be rocking it backwards and forwards for you.
For example this: http://www.musicstore.com/en_EN/EUR/Guitars/Wah-Wah-pedals/Behringer-UW300-Ultra-Wah-Auto-Wah-Effektpedal/art-GIT0011169-000
best bet is just to experiment as there are many different sounds that you can get. i use it to change the tone of single notes( see Land Unknown and Curse of the Mummy's tomb in my profile) but nothing really crazy (usually) on the other hand when i play funk you have to have it going like mad to get that 70s funk sound.
Jimi Hendrix - Voodoo Child is probably the best example i can think of, but there are infinite ways of using them.

Key word: experiment.
Quote by jpcl
Just to be sure, your not using a auto-wah pedal right?
Those pedals don't have any rocking motion, as you only press it to turn it on or off, and it will produce the wah-wah effect digitally as if a computer would be rocking it backwards and forwards for you.
For example this: http://www.musicstore.com/en_EN/EUR/Guitars/Wah-Wah-pedals/Behringer-UW300-Ultra-Wah-Auto-Wah-Effektpedal/art-GIT0011169-000

No no, it's not like that at all, I'm using the Korg AX3000G It's definitely not an on/off pedal.