Trying to skype with the girfriend. She has a mac and I have a pc, which I think is the root of the problem (the mac bah dum tss). Anyway, we both have the latest versions but it keeps inexplicably dropping the video call. It worked when she did it from a pc (but she didn't have a cam for it, so no video). Both of us have strong internet connections. Has anyone encountered such a problem? The skype website was so unhelpful so I came here.

I just want to see her cans... Can anyone help?
Like punk the way it used to be? Deranged Youth Its like what Warped Tour should be!

Want to hear something mind-blowing? Pit O' Bodies Its like an amateur hypnotist plus the Spanish Inquisition!
Actually, the problem is that you have a pc.
I actually do have schizophrenia, so stop making fun of people who have it.

GEAR:
Boss ME-50
Silvertone Paul Stanley Apocalypse (modded)
Squier Affinity Strat (modded)
Italia Modulo 2
Fender Front 15G
Oh really? thanks for the help bro.
Like punk the way it used to be? Deranged Youth Its like what Warped Tour should be!

Want to hear something mind-blowing? Pit O' Bodies Its like an amateur hypnotist plus the Spanish Inquisition!
I love how the thread immediately starts on how it's the operating system causing it.

Because that has everything to do with it. I would look into making sure it's not either of your networks to begin with.

There's also a possibly be because Skype was just bought out by microsoft, and they may be applying some changes to the servers or something. But make sure your network's all good before you start blaming anyone.
Last edited by SlayingDragons at May 20, 2011,
Mac vs PC?

it didn't eand wall for romeo and juliet, man.
All the way from Palm Springs, just out of detox.
Show him a warm welcome, let's hear some applause
eh the mac thing was joke. it might be the network, my dad thought it would be cool to make it supersecure, so that was the other possibility.

EDIT> although when my sister was in Spain we skyped with her with little issue/

Try ooVoo. I've never had much luck with Skype, but ooVoo works well.
Quote by dudetheman
So what? I wasted like 5 minutes watching DaddyTwoFoot's avatar.

Metalheads are the worst thing that ever happened to metal.
it would seem your skype has a case of the butterfingers.
Remember through sounds
Remember through smells
Remember through colors
Remember through towns
-Modest Mouse, "Novocaine Stain"
Skype is pretty unreliable lately, we've been having a lot of failed calls too. I wish I knew what was wrong. The only thing it really could be is something with the internet, which doesn't surprise me as internet here is retarded.
No man has the right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. It is a shame for a man to grow old without seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable

@gossage91
@overtimefitnessau