Hello UG'ers,

Does anyone know where i can find Whole Step down, or Full Step Down or Standard D tuning chords? when i google for the chords i only get drop d or open d, which you all know is not Standard D tuning. the power chords are the same, but what about regular chords? Thanks for any help folks.
all your chords are the same except one full step down, so a Gmajor in open position is now F major, the C major shape is now Bbmajor etc.

also all your barre chords and power chords are two frets higher than they are in standard.
Quote by Dirk Gently
Some pieces are only meant to be played by people with six fingers on their fretting hand. Sorry.
They should all be the same I guess, if your in D Standard (Whole step down and Full Step are just other names for D Standard, Don't try and confuse us LOL), you just play the same stuff and instead of being in the key of E, its in the key of D. But if you want to be in the key of E, move two frets up. Since each fret is a semitone, 2 frets is a whole tone. This should work for every chord except for those with open strings, they'll still sound the open strings of the D standard tuning (oviously).

I would'nt get to gimicky with all the chord stuff, since D standard is just E, but 2 steps lower, just play the chords and keep it simple.
If you don't like the deeper sounds then you should be back up in E standard.

Hope that helps.
METAL!
Thank you both for the answers. if i wanted to play a Gmaj, then I'd have to barre it right? or would it still be an open chord, just with a lower tone?
Wouldn't be an open chord anymore no (unless there's some inversion I can't think of right now).
Move it up one step from where it was and bar the strings that would be open.
Things with strings:
Ibanez J.Custom, Prestiges, RG8, SR5 bass etc
LP's, Strat, Tele
Noiseboxes:
ENGL Retro Tube 50
5150 III 50W
Orange Terror Bass
Then, i guess my next question is, how would i go about forming open cords for standard d? and is there some chord creation formula for when im not around my chord charts?
Learn the notes on your fretboard.
Learn the major scale
Learn how to construct chords

Have a read of Josh Urban's Crusade articles in the columns section, and if you have any more questions ask in Musician Talk because that's where all the theory buffs hang out
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Quote by AlphaGhost
Then, i guess my next question is, how would i go about forming open cords for standard d? and is there some chord creation formula for when im not around my chord charts?

What steven seagull said is the best advise here by far, so do that if you're really interested.

To answer your last question though...you form them exactly the same as E-standard, the only difference is they will be one whole step lower for, what should be, obvious reasons.
Things with strings:
Ibanez J.Custom, Prestiges, RG8, SR5 bass etc
LP's, Strat, Tele
Noiseboxes:
ENGL Retro Tube 50
5150 III 50W
Orange Terror Bass