So I've started to pick up the technique, and I like to think it's going pretty well. I've retrofitted most of the riffs I play with hybrid picking just because it makes it a little more original and fun to play, but in order to continue developing/pushing my technique I want to learn some of "classic" hybrid picking stuff. Problem is, I don't really know who the greats are or what songs to learn. I want to learn some songs entirely based around hybrid picking, something that will really push me. Lessons/exercises would be nice too, but I learn things better when I see it applied.
We've dressed up in our best...

...and are prepared to go down like gentlemen.

Quote by bogg808
The PBT is for those too TGP for the rest of UG.

Well I'm glad you got to up your post count. Thanks for the bump, now maybe someone helpful will post.

Quote by bogg808

Quote by mcraddict81592
Well I'm glad you got to up your post count. Thanks for the bump, now maybe someone helpful will post.

Chill...

I would look into Eric Johnson, one of my favorite players. He uses hybrid picking now and then. In Cliffs of Dover for example.
Quote by mcraddict81592

He linked you to a list of artists who use hybrid picking, who will have recorded songs that use hybrid picking - are those not the things you asked for?
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
I could have found a list by myself quite easily, and I find it insulting for someone to assume otherwise.

Perhaps I simply expect too much of people, . Apparently his was a reasonable response by this forum's expectations, so I apologize. My standards seem to be the only thing at fault here, I'll search for assistance elsewhere.

Quote by bogg808

Quote by mcraddict81592
I could have found a list by myself quite easily, and I find it insulting for someone to assume otherwise.

Perhaps I simply expect too much of people, . Apparently his was a reasonable response by this forum's expectations, so I apologize. My standards seem to be the only thing at fault here, I'll search for assistance elsewhere.

If you could find a list quite easily by yourself why are you posting a thread? The fact that you're asking the question is more than enough grounds to assume that you hadn't found it yourself.

He didn't have to post anything, and whilst it may not have been the friendliest post in the world it still contained information that you'd asked for.

I apologise on his behalf if it wasn't up to your exacting requirements, but if you act like a tit just because someone isn't a mind reader then don't expect many people to help you. If you get an answer you don't like then just ignore it and wait for more, there's no need to chuck it back in people's faces. It would have been just as easy to say "Thanks, I've heard of most of those guys, do you know of anyone a bit more obscure?". I'd even go as far as saying that it would be polite.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com