imgoing to buy a bass what is the diferanse beetwen 4 string 5 and 6??
4 string is standard. Its strings are tuned EADG (low to high)
5 string has an extra lower string and is tuned BEADG (low to high)
6 string usually has both an extra lower string and higher string and is tuned BEADGB (low to high)

Also, the neck gets a lot wider with the extra strings
Last edited by emil_sej at May 20, 2011,
Quote by emil_sej
4 string is standard. Its strings are tuned EADG (low to high)
5 string has an extra lower string and is tuned BEADG (low to high)
6 string usually has both an extra lower string and higher string and is tuned BEADGB (low to high)

Also, the neck gets a lot wider with the extra strings

6ERS HAVE A HIGH C GODDAMMIT

Also, yeah, they have more/less strings. That's the difference.
Quote by UraniYum
Fuck you I'm trying to be caring and shit

Quote by Cb4rabid
Okay guys, I have a confession to make. Not really a confession since it's something that's been bugging me for awhile but I've always been in denial about it.

**** you gilly, it's not what you think
Quote by Deliriumbassist
One has 4 strings, another has 5 and the final one has 6. Those are the only consistant differences. Go out and try some.

pretty much this.
Belief is a beautiful armour but makes for the heaviest sword.
4 is the standard and most people will never need anything else. 5 is where its at in my opinion, the low B is amazingly helpful for people who play in lower tunings a lot and it also just sounds boomier to play an E on the fifth fret of the B than an open E. 6 is another oprtion, and I am a proud owner of one, but honestly most people aren't gonna need the extra string. I only really find need for a 6 sting in conjunction with my loop station and only really use my 6th string when Im not playing it like a bass at all.
no sir away a papaya war is on
I use my 6 like a bass sometimes xD I'm gonna say why not go with the 6

Ibanez SR506BM
Ashdown Little Giant 1000w
Peavey TVX 115+410
A big ass upright

Last edited by m4l666 at May 20, 2011,
Quote by sonic_777111
Unless your hands aren't as big as Christmas hams. Some people (like me) can't even play most 4s because the necks are too wide...

That's just making excuses for bad technique and lack of practice. Complain to Tam about having small hands, I dare you.

EDIT: Unless you have freakinshly small hands because of a birth deformity or something, in which case, I apologise.
Quote by UraniYum
Fuck you I'm trying to be caring and shit

Quote by Cb4rabid
Okay guys, I have a confession to make. Not really a confession since it's something that's been bugging me for awhile but I've always been in denial about it.

**** you gilly, it's not what you think
Last edited by gilly_90 at May 21, 2011,
Quote by sonic_777111
Unless your hands aren't as big as Christmas hams. Some people (like me) can't even play most 4s because the necks are too wide...

4 string necks aren't wide when compared to the 6 string necks.
Damn it! Disable can't use disable to disable Disable's disable because disable's disable has already been disabled by Disable's disable!
The neck on my 75RI Jazz is thinner than a lot of guitar necks. It's a twig compared to my guitarist's Schecter.
Basses:
Fender Precision Bass
Fender Jazz Bass
1967 Fender Coronado Bass II
Warwick Star Bass
Squier Precision Bass TB
Quote by consecutive e
The neck on my 75RI Jazz is thinner than a lot of guitar necks. It's a twig compared to my guitarist's Schecter.

+1
Damn it! Disable can't use disable to disable Disable's disable because disable's disable has already been disabled by Disable's disable!