I've only been playing for about a year and a half, and I'm looking for anything to play. My friends listen to metal or ganster rap and I can't stand it! I'm just hoping to find songs that will take their breath away because everything I do play, close to nobody knows.please help me I'm open to any suggestions
Are you playing for them or for you?

Stairway to Heaven usually impresses non-guitarists. Actually, any three chords strung together will usually impresses non-guitarists. If you can sing it's a plus. Have fun!
this might be above your skill level but check out Someday by Flipsyde. Its the best of both worlds.

It think you should just play what you like and who the hell cares if people don't like it.

I always like to play karma police by radiohead for people. its easy and most people have heard it before.
Yea dude, play what you like.... if your friends don't like it then it's their problem..
If it doesn't mean anything to you, it probably won't mean anything to them.
Anything from Everlast would be a good choice if they aren't too young to have never heard of him!
Check out "thelastplaceyoulook" on YouTube, iTunes and [url="http://facebook.com/thelastplaceyoulook
"]Facebook
I just learned Touch, Peel, and Stand by the Days of the New. Pretty cool and easy song.

BTW the tuning is Drop Db, not drop D.
Actually, here is a list of what I play:

Boulevard Of Broken Dreams - Green Day
Satellite - Guster
Drive - Incubus
Upside Down - Jack Johnson
Mama Said - Metallica
Wish you were here - Pink Floyd
Snuff - Slipknot
Though the glass - Stone Sour
Classico - Tenacious D
Blister in the Sun - Violent Femmes
Undone (the sweater song) - Weezer

Some other artists
3 Doors down
Everlast
three days grace
Godsmack
etc
etc
etc
I have heard a guy perform "Regulate" By Nate Dogg and Warren G. It was actually pretty cool. It was just him with and acoustic. Has a nice guitar grove in it. I think he would mix in can't get enough of your love in the middle too.

Could impress your gangsta rap friends. Not for the metal folk though.
What kind of metal do your friends listen to? If they listen to something like Avenged seven fold try to learn Gunslinger, it's an acoustic song and if they know the band, you can appeal to them.