Knew that'd get you here.

No but seriously, im still building my live rig, and i don't know what high gain head to get! DUH!

The contenders are Laboga Mr Hector. A Laboga Aligator. A Mesa Dual Rectumfrier. Splawn Nitro KT88. or a bogner ubershall.

Yes i know. It's too hard to choose, so if anyone with any previous experience of these has any input, i'ld give them some internet kudos.
Quote by ZanasCross
I'm now so drunk that even if my mom had given me a blow job at aeg 2, i'd be like I'm a pmp, butches.!

If this even madkes sense... if yhou sig this, Iw ll kill you.
Last edited by cliff_em_all at May 20, 2011,
Quote by cliff_em_all

No but seriously, im still building my live rig, and i don't know what high gain head to get!

Yeah, and unless you give us some more info, we've got about as much a clue as you do. So I'll just go ahead and recommend a Fender Princeton.

Quote by cliff_em_all
DUH!

Exactly!
Definatley meant the Nitro. my bad

Quote by TheQuailman
Yeah, and unless you give us some more info, we've got about as much a clue as you do. So I'll just go ahead and recommend a Fender Princeton.

If you can't tell high wattage

Also big bottom end, tons of gain, a bit of versatility in the gain would be nice aswell, not just one bawls to the walls metal tone. Tight aswell, and the being able to handle a lot of down tuning without being mushy. and no fizz please.
Quote by ZanasCross
I'm now so drunk that even if my mom had given me a blow job at aeg 2, i'd be like I'm a pmp, butches.!

Last edited by cliff_em_all at May 20, 2011,
I know Craig has his new monster"The Brigand" in the works
Gear-
ESP LTD Deluxe EC-1000 VB
Epiphone Negative G-400 SG
Jackson Dinky
Custom Explorer
Custom V(being built)
CEC Amplification Suckerpunch 15
Catalinbread DLS v2
Humphrey Audio Slo/Diezel mod MT-2
Monsterpiece NPN/Classic
Quote by cliff_em_all

Also big bottom end, tons of gain, a bit of versatility in the gain would be nice aswell, not just one bawls to the walls metal tone. Tight aswell, and the being able to handle a lot of down tuning without being mushy. and no fizz please.

Powerball II
E530 ->- E840/10
Axe Fx II
I have played all the amps that you've listed and I personaly like the Uberschall the best. The Splawn is nice also, but the Mesa is good if yu want that huge bottom end
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Quote by GS LEAD 5
Powerball II
E530 ->- E840/10
Axe Fx II

The Axe is a right pig to get in the UK, And i'ld probably spring for a used ultra for the price and the lack of a waiting list, however, it's tempting, as not only would the head be used for playing and tourning, it would be for studio and recording, meaning the versatility is a right bonus.

However, my one worry with the axe always has and awlays will be if it breaks on the road. you can pop into literally every tech around and they'll patch up most problems pretty quick with a valve amp. A computer however...
Quote by ZanasCross

Quote by cliff_em_all
The Axe is a right pig to get in the UK, And i'ld probably spring for a used ultra for the price and the lack of a waiting list, however, it's tempting, as not only would the head be used for playing and tourning, it would be for studio and recording, meaning the versatility is a right bonus.

However, my one worry with the axe always has and awlays will be if it breaks on the road. you can pop into literally every tech around and they'll patch up most problems pretty quick with a valve amp. A computer however...

Computers are easier just connect it to another computer and format.
The average chip will last 10+ years, provided its not overclocked and provided it has sufficient power and cooling.
Quote by GS LEAD 5
Computers are easier just connect it to another computer and format.
The average chip will last 10+ years, provided its not overclocked and provided it has sufficient power and cooling.

But when some knob at a gig spills beer all over it is when im mainly worried, i doubt most techs or shops have the parts for the boards spare.
Quote by ZanasCross

Quote by cliff_em_all
But when some knob at a gig spills beer all over it is when im mainly worried, i doubt most techs or shops have the parts for the boards spare.

That is the reason I never drink when on a gig I always make sure my stuff is safe before going out partying.

YOu could buy an amp along with a used Eleven Rack?
Quote by GS LEAD 5
That is the reason I never drink when on a gig I always make sure my stuff is safe before going out partying.

YOu could buy an amp along with a used Eleven Rack?

Not a bad compromise. Yeah i always try to keep my stuff safe but it's when your playing its a worry, people throwing drunks everywhere and coming on stage can sometimes be quite tedious
Quote by ZanasCross

wouldn't be doing my job if i didn't mention a peters hydra.

I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
No peavey fiddywanfiddyz?
-------------
--The Rig--
Peavey 5150 Head
BBE 362 SONIC MAXIMIZER
dbx 266xl COMPRESSOR GATE
Q215 PEAVEY EQ
Mesa 4x12 Standard Rectifier cab
ESP,LTD Viper 400 baritone (fitted with EMG81,85 actives)
-------------
Quote by cliff_em_all

whats your budget??

seeing as you've put up a recto and Laboga im gonna guess pretty high??

Used 2 Channel Dual Recto will do everything except great cleans and you can get them for around £1000 if you're lucky like me , although an ENGL Savage would do things nicely for more versatility if you needed it and wanted to stay under £2000

+1 to a Framus Cobra too, they are freaking sweet. Diezel Herbert if you have the cash tho
Tom Anderson Guitarworks

Mayones Guitars

Suhr Guitars

Mesa Boogie

Friedman Amplification

Fractal Audio Systems

Quote by Bladed-Vaults
*Bane voice* ahhh yes. The br00tz, I was born with it. Molded by it. I didnt know of the light until I was already a man.
Get a nitro and run it in stereo with a Quickrod or Promod. maybe i am biased.

but seriously, nothing will give you a kick in the nuts like a nitro.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Quote by shredftw
whats your budget??

seeing as you've put up a recto and Laboga im gonna guess pretty high??

Used 2 Channel Dual Recto will do everything except great cleans and you can get them for around £1000 if you're lucky like me , although an ENGL Savage would do things nicely for more versatility if you needed it and wanted to stay under £2000

+1 to a Framus Cobra too, they are freaking sweet. Diezel Herbert if you have the cash tho

Im getting a quick fix amp to tide me over while i save around £1600.

I forgot about the framus, killswitch used to use them Non?

And the peters? I thought they only done Hiwatt clones!
Quote by ZanasCross

Yeah, but Killswitch used to use practically everything. The Dragon's nice, too. Both can be found for pretty cheap, I've seen them go for as low as 800€. Which is what, 600-650 quid?
Quote by TheQuailman
Yeah, but Killswitch used to use practically everything. The Dragon's nice, too. Both can be found for pretty cheap, I've seen them go for as low as 800€. Which is what, 600-650 quid?

That's now very very appealing. I've no problem waiting.
Quote by ZanasCross

Quote by cliff_em_all
Im getting a quick fix amp to tide me over while i save around £1600.

I forgot about the framus, killswitch used to use them Non?

And the peters? I thought they only done Hiwatt clones!

you'd be best off to just wait until to have the cash unless you have a gig before that would be possible.

with that budget you're deffo best off with something like the ENGL Savage or Powerball II. if you didnt need the versatility i'd have said 2 channel recto hands down because you really cant get a better description of the modern mode than what you said you were looking for in terms of gain but it doesn't do much else other than that tbh

Framus for €800 used??? seriously?? thats some news to me.

EDIT: its true http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Framus-Dragon-Amp-Head-Plus-Flight-Case-/330564966253?pt=UK_MusicalInstr_Amplifiers_RL&hash=item4cf735176d#ht_500wt_1156
buy this
Tom Anderson Guitarworks

Mayones Guitars

Suhr Guitars

Mesa Boogie

Friedman Amplification

Fractal Audio Systems

Quote by Bladed-Vaults
*Bane voice* ahhh yes. The br00tz, I was born with it. Molded by it. I didnt know of the light until I was already a man.
Last edited by shredftw at May 20, 2011,
Well thats why im getting a tide over amp, i know of a JCM2000 stack going for £450. I pretty much gig weekly at least and im all over the place, so as long as i get the marshall i can bide my time for a ridiculous rig.
Quote by ZanasCross

Quote by shredftw

Told ya.

I regularly see them on German ebay for 1000€ or less, and 800€ happens often enough. Gonna say what I always say: When you're in Europe, look internationally. Ebay.co.uk, ebay.de and ebay.fr are where the good stuff is.
Quote by cliff_em_all
The contenders are Laboga Mr Hector. A Laboga Aligator. A Mesa Dual Rectumfrier. Splawn Nitro KT88. or a bogner ubershall.

None of the above.

Baron K88/K2

It's sound is like a Soldano on steroids. Smooth yet ridiculously angry and brutal.
No love for the baron b120? Is most beast
Ibanez RG5EX1
Ibanez RG7321
Peavey XXX-->Avatar 4X12(2 V30's 2 G12H30's)

BARE KNUCKLE PUPS RULE!
Quote by gumbilicious
thanks for making an old dude feel like his advice is actually taken into consideration
Quote by Ian_the_fox
None of the above.

Baron K88/K2

It's sound is like a Soldano on steroids. Smooth yet ridiculously angry and brutal.

and this is why youtube is the best...

because kyle and i a/b'd both amps and that is incorrect.
Prs se Holcomb is the answer