I received my ESP Horizon NT II a few weeks ago and love it. I'm in the process of selling off my other guitars(Epiphone Les Paul and Ibanez RG350EX). Cause of the strong Australian dollar and Gearhounds.com doing specials in the month of May, I want to strike while the iron is hot and get another guitar, different to the Horizon NT II. Looking at either a 7 string and/or a guitar with a Floyd Rose setup(a good quality one that won't go out of tune).

They must include jumbo frets, good cut away for the higher(20-24) frets, 24 frets, nice slim neck etc. I mainly play metal but love playing clean arpeggios too. Some guitars on the list include:

ESP HORIZON NT-7 Electric Guitar
http://gearhounds.com/esp-horizon-nt-7-black.aspx

Dean Rusty Cooley Signature 7 String Xenocide
http://gearhounds.com/dean-rusty-cooley-signature-7-string-electric-guitar-with-case.aspx

ESP M-II NTB w/EMGs Electric Guitar - Black
http://gearhounds.com/esp-mii-ntb-emg-electric-guitar-black.aspx

Jackson USA KV2 King V Electric Guitar - Ghost Flames
http://gearhounds.com/jackson-usa-king-v-kv2-ghost-flames.aspx

These are the guitars that I have found. Anymore ideas, recommendations from other brands(Ibanez, etc) are welcome. Even guitars that I haven't posted up will be taken into consideration. Bit iffy on a Floyd Rose setup as they are an absolute killer to change string gauges for, but will definitely consider. If anyone has experiences with the guitars listed I would greatly appreciate some feedback too!
Last edited by Megadeth09 at May 20, 2011,
The KV2 is an absalutely fantastic guitar. That is all
Roses are red
Violets are blue
Omae wa mou
Shindeiru

Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
I recommend the Jackson KV2. Especially with a finish like that. Me personally, I'm looking to get a new PRS guitar. Something like the ones Orianthi or Mark Tremonti play.
Well, the first thing I see is that you have 2 ESP's in your sight. The Dean is really not in the same leauge, really. BC Rich make some motherffing good guitars (everyone has hate, but thats just for the lower models). Choosing from the ESP's I would go with the 7-string Horizon.
The Horizon is also $1000 cheaper, so enough money left for upgrades, and extra money for you new amp budget

OK, now I'm actually reading your OP stating you have the 6 string version of the horizon, and you want something different (don't understand why you had it in your list of top guitar but nvm).

My suggestion: you are talking like you don't want the floyd, so 7 strings are gonna be my suggestion.
You can't really go wrong with an Ibanez Prestige. You just have to find one without a Floyd, but I don't know if they make these. I also know that Jackson has a 7 string Soloist, and there are of course more brands that make 7 string guitars, but an Ibanez prestige would be great if you want something different from what you have now. If you don't want the Ibanez, I would still go with the Horizon 7 string, and with the money left over, buy some pickups that are really special or whatever. Maybe some Bareknuckle pickups. You can email BKP for advice, just tell em your gear and what sound you want and they can make it (also for 7 strings).
1) Open Google Translator
2) Set it from English to Vietnamese
3) Type "Will Justin Bieber ever hit puberty"
4) Translate
5) Copy the Vietnamese text
6) Translate back from Vietnamese to English
7) ???
8) Profit!

ಠ~ಠ ಠoಠ ಠxಠ ಠ.ಠ ಥ_ಥ ಠ_ಠ
I hate Dean, but the Xenocide is actually a worthwhile guitar. Kind of. I would get a Musicman at that price range, but it's your decision.

/musicman fanboy.
Quote by theogonia777
and then there's free jazz, which isn't even for musicians.

Quote by Born A Fool
As my old guitar teacher once said: Metal really comes from classical music. The only difference is pinch harmonics, double bass, and lyrics about killing goats.
I like Deans- 2 of my 10 are Deans- but I wouldn't buy that one. It's good, but, like most signature guitars, there's going to be a price premium on it due to it's celebrity endorsement. If you look at other guitars in the line WITHOUT someone's name on it, you'll get more guitar for your money.

One thing you might do is check out Dean B. Zelisky's NEW company- founded after he left Dean a second time- DBZ guitars. He has a few models available in 7 String configuration- the Barchetta and Bird of Prey spring to mind- and his attention to detail and pro-shred attitude have been getting attention.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
Last edited by dannyalcatraz at May 20, 2011,
Why would you look at other guitars that sound exactly like the one you already have?
Quote by JustRooster
Why would you look at other guitars that sound exactly like the one you already have?

Cause they all have different features like a Floyd Rose setup or 7 strings. I mainly play metal and rock. I don't like the shape and cut away of Les Paul's, Strat's don't really do it for me either. Even a baritone guitar would be considered!!
schecter all the way. either the c7 custom for a seven string or the c1 hellraiser for 6 string. i have the hellraiser (hardtail) and am in love with it
Quote by bartnijman
Well, the first thing I see is that you have 2 ESP's in your sight. The Dean is really not in the same leauge, really. BC Rich make some motherffing good guitars (everyone has hate, but thats just for the lower models). Choosing from the ESP's I would go with the 7-string Horizon.
The Horizon is also $1000 cheaper, so enough money left for upgrades, and extra money for you new amp budget

OK, now I'm actually reading your OP stating you have the 6 string version of the horizon, and you want something different (don't understand why you had it in your list of top guitar but nvm).

My suggestion: you are talking like you don't want the floyd, so 7 strings are gonna be my suggestion.
You can't really go wrong with an Ibanez Prestige. You just have to find one without a Floyd, but I don't know if they make these. I also know that Jackson has a 7 string Soloist, and there are of course more brands that make 7 string guitars, but an Ibanez prestige would be great if you want something different from what you have now. If you don't want the Ibanez, I would still go with the Horizon 7 string, and with the money left over, buy some pickups that are really special or whatever. Maybe some Bareknuckle pickups. You can email BKP for advice, just tell em your gear and what sound you want and they can make it (also for 7 strings).

Thanks for the detailed reply. What I meant about the 7string/Floyd Rose thing was that I will probably get both, as I want a 7 string that can easily change tunings and string gauges but will also get a Floyd Rose guitar for the whammy(keep it standard tuning).

Is the ESP Horizon 7 string a good non-tremelo 7 string? Or are there better guitars out there in that spec.