Not sure if this should be on this forum or for the artists forum...it is the new Vigier Surfreter advert with Guthrie Govan...very cool...I want a fretless now!!!!!!

Click HERE to see!!

There is also a cool review of the new cheaper Excalibur Kaos a few pages before!!

Last edited by Indus at May 20, 2011,
That is pretty nuts. I've seen his jams with fretless guitars before, and I know Bumblefoot has a Vigier fretless. It would be cool to have one, but I don't think I could do it without fret markers.
Thought GG was a Suhr artist?

Either way, cool

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
Quote by Tom 1.0
Thought GG was a Suhr artist?

Either way, cool

He is but Suhr don't make a fretless and he wanted one
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
I've been wanting a Vigier fretless since I heard Shawn Lane play one. I think I could play one- my first instrument was a cello (which is fretless) and I own a fretless A/E bass guitar- but fretless + chord fingering is a different challenge.

I've bought several guitars from a luthier by the name of Jon Kammerer...I'm considering asking him to build me one using inlay to mark where the frets would be so I could cheat.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
I love how this computer won't even load more than a second or two at a time, therefore I can't hear the awesomeness of fretlessness... -.-
Then there's this band called Slice The Cake...

Bunch of faggots putting random riffs together and calling it "progressive" deathcore.
Stupid name.
Probably picked "for teh lulz"

Mod in UG's Official Gain Whores
Quote by Shinozoku
I love how this computer won't even load more than a second or two at a time, therefore I can't hear the awesomeness of fretlessness... -.-

Don't worry, you're not missing much... As awesome as Govan is, that video is just a bunch of fretless guitar wanking with an a$$load of wah.
Quote by Shinozoku

Alternatively, you might enjoy this much longer clip:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1PyOZhgQnvU
You've read it, you can't un-read it!
Quote by hildesaw
That is pretty nuts. I've seen his jams with fretless guitars before, and I know Bumblefoot has a Vigier fretless. It would be cool to have one, but I don't think I could do it without fret markers.

Vigier has the fret markers and dots on the side of the neck.
Quote by thedonutman
Love the look of Vigiers - they seem like very utilitarian guitars.

I've played a few, they're awesome instruments, among the best I've ever played in terms of the feel of them; they just feel really solid.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
The new issue of iGuitar has a really good interview with Guthrie Govan as well as fretless lesson with Guthrie looking at all aspects of his Vigier Surfreter - the videos are amazing and giving me severe GAS for a fretless...

Have a look HERE for the interview!!