..and not afraid to use it :-) Guitar is a Stratocaster.
I KNOW it may seem overdone, but I kind of liked the way it turned out, sounds like
something unique to me, and that is important. I could have played it with less intensity of course, but felt the need for standing out somehow. Hate it or love it ?
The clip is the solo only. We're adding vocals soon to the whole song,so I have to see if that kind of solo fits the song at all.The mix is very rough,the guitar will not be so in-your-face,but panned and with more reverb.

http://soundcloud.com/boq/theatregitsolo
Last edited by Damocles at May 20, 2011,
That's ace, it's very smooth and done in a way that almost makes it quite.. un-guitar-like at points, which is cool.

*thumbs up*
You already posted this same clip a day or two ago.........

Not bad. I really like the melody and tone, but the vibrato is just a bit too intense for me.
Fender American Vintage '62 Stratocaster
Gibson Les Paul Custom
TC Electronic Polytune
Danelectro Blue Paisley
EHX Big Muff Pi w/ Tone Wicker
Dunlop Crybaby
EHX Deluxe Memory Boy
Egnater Tweaker

Quote by Jackal58
Yer pretty fly for a Canadian.
It reminds me of Brian May for some reason. Nice sound, good idea and playing. Vibrato isn't too intense imo.
Quote by Jimmy_Page_Zep
You already posted this same clip a day or two ago.........

Not bad. I really like the melody and tone, but the vibrato is just a bit too intense for me.

That's right, I removed it as I didn't dare present it in it's rough version, but changed my mind, it's cool to get opinions from you guys and girls.
Thank you for listening,Jimmy_Page_Zep !
Quote by Damocles
That's right, I removed it as I didn't dare present it in it's rough version, but changed my mind, it's cool to get opinions from you guys and girls.
Thank you for listening,Jimmy_Page_Zep !

Ahhh I was a little confused because I gave it a listen the other day, too!!! Like I said, the vibrato wasn't really for me, but I really liked the melody. I just checked out another one of your tracks as well...keep up the good work!
Fender American Vintage '62 Stratocaster
Gibson Les Paul Custom
TC Electronic Polytune
Danelectro Blue Paisley
EHX Big Muff Pi w/ Tone Wicker
Dunlop Crybaby
EHX Deluxe Memory Boy
Egnater Tweaker

Quote by Jackal58
Yer pretty fly for a Canadian.
Quote by e-taubs
sounds great! did it stay in tune? standard trem or locking?

Yes, my set-up stays in tune,it is a Gotoh/Wilkinson VSV400 trem on a severely scalloped 72 Strat..stringheight is a lot over normal, and the E-string is a 0.10, second is 0.11.
No locking,standard tuningpegs (for a '72)
Thank you for the interest :-)
Quote by TubeAmp89
The tone is ace! I like it. Cheers!

Thanks alot,TubeAmp89 ! ..And yes, technology gives us a trillion choices for sounds coming out of a guitar,not easy to decide what to go for.
Yeah, go strats, who needs those clunky annoying floyds anyways. It's pretty good, totally not what I was expecting. I used to do crazy stuff with my Strat when I first put on my Graphtech nut and saddles.

Is that all of the song? Or just a random clip from a song?

Crit mine? https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?p=27249782#post27249782
It wasn't too intense for me. At times it sounded like someone messing with the pitch-shifters on an ocarina though.