Hey guys, after learning jackson 5s i want u back and a few stevie wonder songs, im really getting into these motown basslines and songs from that era.

From what ive read, James Jamerson is THE man when it comes to motown, however he played on thousands of songs and this isnt the type of music i listen to in my spare time. So i was just wondering if a few of you could give me a few recommendations on some of his craziest funnest lines to save me going through all the songs? or any of basslines in the same style (im aware i want u back isnt by him so that type of song). Thanks in advance
Ain't No Mountain High Enough
I Was Made To Love Her
What's Going On
Darling Dear

He is one of my favorite bassists, and to think he only played with one finger! he used whats called the "hook". No one makes bass lines so pretty like him.
I would add Bernadette to that list along with most of the stuff he did with Jr. Walker and the All Stars (Home Cookin, Shotgun etc). Also, Heard it Through the Grapevine.
heard it through the grapevine
Strauss!
"I am hitting my head against the walls, but the walls are giving way." - Gustav Mahler.

Quote by AeolianWolf
absolutely what will said

Yay, my first compliment!