There is gonna be a Orange/ Ibanez/ Fender shop in my country in probably a few months, Its under construction now so shouldnt be long. :P

So I was wondering whether Orange or Fender (or Ibanez if they make amps) makes amps that are good for metal. Stuff like Pantera, Metallica, Megadeth, Iron Maiden etc.

Thanks,
Orange do, Rockerverb, Thunderverb and Thunder. Also the Dual and Tiny Terrors could do metal with a boost, the new Dark Terror should do metal when it's released. However, they are a very acquired taste the signature 'Orange' sound, so make sure to try them first, and they will be on the expensive side.

Fender's don't do any Metal amps I can think of. Ibanez don't do amps (I don't think) except for the Tubescreamer head which is awful.
#ENTITLED
WENGER OUT!!!

lastfm
Yes you can use them for metal, but there are way better options. James from Slipknot uses an Orange Thunderverb 100 I believe (I don't like Slipknot, just saying).
Ibanez RGR421EXFM >> Maxon OD808 >> BOSS NS-2 >> Peavey 5150 212
orange makes some great metal amps, but be prepared to drop a few bucks.

fender, no. unless you wanted a twin and ran a distortion pedal into it, but still not ideal, the orangewould do way better.

i can't imagine ibanez making a decent amp, but that is just me.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Oranges would do those tones pretty damn well actually... Just a bit dark, as is always the case with Orange. The guy above who said you have to like the signature 'Orange' sound is exactly right. They just have a darker, sludgier sound that some people don't like.

Fender really only has one current production amp that can metal tones without pedals and that's the Supersonic. I've heard they have great gain channels, but I haven't played one and they're relatively overlooked in general so who knows.
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta
Unless its electronic drums.

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
Quote by trashedlostfdup
orange makes some great metal amps, but be prepared to drop a few bucks.

fender, no. unless you wanted a twin and ran a distortion pedal into it, but still not ideal, the orangewould do way better.

i can't imagine ibanez making a decent amp, but that is just me.

Ibanez ACA10 is a great amp, yeah, it's a practice acoustic amp, but it's pretty damn good if you ask me.
The EVH brand is under fender which has the 5150 III, which is a great metal amp. Fender itself has the Supersonic which could probably do some 80s metaish tones, never really tried ones but from videos that's the impression I got.

Orange Rockerverb should do metal no problem.
Quote by Shabadoo
The EVH brand is under fender which has the 5150 III, which is a great metal amp. Fender itself has the Supersonic which could probably do some 80s metaish tones, never really tried ones but from videos that's the impression I got.

Orange Rockerverb should do metal no problem.

I always forget the EVH line when talking about Fender... Nice save, they probably would stock that in a good Fender dealer.
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta
Unless its electronic drums.

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
I seen Through The Eyes Of The Dead and one of the guitarists rocked the EVH and lemme tell you that that amp is beastly for metal tone. I was directly in front of his cab and I wasn't even listening to the rest of the band 'cause I was mesmerized by the tone.
Ibanez RGR421EXFM >> Maxon OD808 >> BOSS NS-2 >> Peavey 5150 212