hey guys. Found a US made Peavey Prerdator in the local shop for $125 and i might pick it up. But i have some questions. how much do they usually go for? Are they quality instruments like say, a US Fender? It is a strat shape with 3 single coils. Would it be possible to drop in a humbucker without modification? Seems like a really good deal for a guitar that claims to be handcrafted in the US. Anyone have experience with this guitar? I played it for about an hour and liked it. Been looking for a quality strat anyways lol. Any answers or opinions? Thanks guys!
If you like it get it, they are pretty quality, bought a peavey usa bass for my brother and it was better than most new basses hanging up.

As far as the humbucker thing, it really depends on the routing underneat the pickguard, and if your willing to modify the pickguard so a humbucker will fit.
Guitars:
LTD KH-602
LTD M-15
Schecter Hellraiser FR (for sale w/hsc, pm me.)
BC Rich Bronze WarCock
BC Rich Ironbird1
Tokai Voyager
Jackson JS30 Kelly
Vester: Metal flake gold/black crackle
Vester: rainbow crackle
Carvin V220
wouldnt mind modding the pickguard, but was wondering if anyonne knew what the routing is like. I never payed much attention to Peavey guitars. Not exactly what springs to mind when i think Madein America haha
They were lower end, but the necks are supposedly great and they sound like a fender pretty much. I would tryto get them to knock off 25 bucks.
Guitars:
LTD KH-602
LTD M-15
BC Rich Bronze WarCock
BC Rich Ironbird1
Tokai Voyager
Jackson JS30 Kelly
Carvin V220
i might try that. If nothing else it seems like it would be a great guitar to mod. it has a few nicks in it so i'll see what they can do lol. Then again, thiis is a store that charges $300 for affinity squires that have been sitting for at least 7 years -_-
Lmao...in tht case, it is only 25 bucks
Guitars:
LTD KH-602
LTD M-15
BC Rich Bronze WarCock
BC Rich Ironbird1
Tokai Voyager
Jackson JS30 Kelly
Carvin V220
i hate our local store. Squire affinity's are through the roof, half the guitars are missing strings, and they want $10 for a pack of ernie ball regular slinkies. The owners motto is actually "cheap guitars and small amps". You're SOL if you play rock. All strats and teles. Grrrr haha sorry. /rant

On topic, what would be good pickuups to give it more of a classic strat sound? Id love to have some RHCP tones out of it