I currently own a POD x3 and most likely will switch to AXE fx shortly. I play a combination of technical/melodic/hardcore. I love the sound of Marshall/ mesa combo for all low string intricate guitar riffs Lamb of god style. If I write a riff that uses all the strings the top strings progressively sound worse the higher the string I go. The sound is thin and weak. I can cure this with more distortion, or overdrive, but then the low strings will sound too muddy.

Any advice?
try putting a tube screamer model in front of the amp
Originally posted by primusfan
When you crank up the gain to 10 and switch to the lead channel, it actually sounds like you are unjustifiably bombing an innocent foreign land.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
if your struggling with a POD you really think the FX is a good idea?

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
Quote by Tom 1.0
if your struggling with a POD you really think the FX is a good idea?

Yes. I am frustrated with the POD because the tone will just change at random
.....just change at random?

Are you making sure your saving every change you make before switching patches etc etc?

Also try something like a compressor which should tighten up and boost the lower strings whilst retaining the top strings clarity.

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
Yeah randomly it will become all bassy or just lose a lot of gain for no apparent reason. Some times when I switch tones my headphones will become mono and play only in one speaker.

I will try fiddling with the compressor. I got a pretty decent tone it is just not as universal as I would like it to be.