Page 1 of 6
So these absolute twats thought it'd be a good idea to tether a malnourished pony the the side of the road and set it on fire. Yes, you read right, the cruel bastards poured petrol over the poor animal and set it on fire. I don't know about you, but thinking of this makes me so angry and sad. I seriously don't know how someone could be that heartless to actually do that.

EDIT: sorry, I was so filled with rage I forgot to post a link... http://www.newsletter.co.uk/news/local/vet_condemn_cruel_fire_attack_on_horse_1_2703336
Last edited by WholeLottaIzzy at May 20, 2011,
It's called psychopathy. Being completely and totally remorseless.
Click here to hear my BOB DYLAN (Blowing in the Wind) out right now May 2k17
Linky?
Or did you personally witness it?
Did it die?

Either way, yeah. I'd also tie them to the middle of a public roundabout and set them on fire
I was surprised by this but then I read that it took place in Armagh.

Seriously those guys should have their balls crushed with a hammer.
Quote by ethan_hanus
Oh well, it's just a horse. Yeah, it's cruel and stupid, they'll get whats coming to them, but its nothing to get worked up over really.

I call troll.
Quote by Zaphod_Beeblebr
Theory is descriptive, not prescriptive.

Quote by MiKe Hendryckz
theory states 1+1=2 sometimes in music 1+1=3.
Quote by ethan_hanus
Oh well, it's just a horse. Yeah, it's cruel and stupid, they'll get whats coming to them, but its nothing to get worked up over really.

it's not about its value as a horse, it's about how that 'horse' felt as it was being burned alive by two jokes. and the world isn't 'fair', they will not 'get what's coming to them' because everybody gets bad things regardless of what they do. and it is something to get worked up over, because everything is both significant and insignificant when it comes to life.
Quote by laid-to-waste
it's not about its value as a horse, it's about how that 'horse' felt as it was being burned alive by two jokes. and the world isn't 'fair', they will not 'get what's coming to them' because everybody gets bad things regardless of what they do. and it is something to get worked up over, because everything is both significant and insignificant when it comes to life.

That was an excellent post man.
last.fm[/url}
Quote by The_Sophist
I call troll.

Quote by laid-to-waste

I think it was obvious enough...

...No need to...

... Beat a dead horse.
Quote by HelpTravesty
That was an excellent post man.

shit felt good, man

Quote by L2112Lif

...No need to...

... Beat a dead horse.

that was beautiful, bro
Bbq?
ಠ_ಠ
<|>
/ω\

Tell me what nation on this earth, was not born of tragedy-Primordial
Quote by laid-to-waste

Uh huh, well, can't say I have much compassion for random animals. I walked into my garage this morning and saw my cat munching on a bird, like, eating it, and I just went about my business, didn't bother me one bit. But a horse being set on fire, yeah, it's extreme, and you may get all emotional about it and stuff, but I don't, cause I have little compassion for animals that are not my pets.

It's prolly cause I'm from Texas and I do alot of hunting. Call me troll or whatever, I think ya'll all pussy's anyways for crying over a horse. It's a horse, not a HUMAN!
Quote by ethan_hanus
Are you kidding me? Do you value a horses life equal or greater to that of a human beings life?

To be honest I think a horse is about as valuable as a callous, heartless asshole like you
Quote by ethan_hanus
Are you kidding me? Do you value a horses life equal or greater to that of a human beings life?

They are undeserving and are incapable of protecting themselves. For me, it would be more painful to watch a horse being burned alive than a human.
Quote by Pagan-Pie
To be honest I think a horse is about as valuable as a callous, heartless asshole like you

How sweet of you to say.

^ You would rather watch a human burn than a horse? You are missing some very important morals man.
Last edited by ethan_hanus at May 20, 2011,
Quote by L2112Lif

...No need to...

... Beat a dead horse.

it's not dead though...

For everyone that's getting outraged, may your fires be quelled when you learn that a neighbour rushed out as soon as he realized what was happening and dowsed the flames with a bucket of water.

For those of you who didn't read the article, the horse is now in recovery.
Quote by ethan_hanus

As far as I can tell, nothing anyone has said has been saying "Is the value of a horse's life equal to that of a human?" or "OMG MAKE A CHOICE BETWEEN HORSES AND HUMANS NAOW".

Troll less already.

Edit: TS, do you have any kind of follow up here? News article, etc etc...
MEMBER OF THE LAUGAM BRITISH HIT SQUAD! HONORARY MEMBER OF THE SWEDISH LAUGAM HIT SQUAD!
I'M JUST SEE THROUGH FADED, SUPER JADED, AND OUT OF MY MIND
<//////>~ dA
Esther is officially awesome and smart - Frenchy
Quote by technicolour
it's not dead though...

For everyone that's getting outraged, may your fires be quelled when you learn that a neighbour rushed out as soon as he realized what was happening and dowsed the flames with a bucket of water.

For those of you who didn't read the article, the horse is now in recovery.

We aren't speaking evidently anymore, we're having a hypothetical moral discussion. Happens every thread.
Quote by laid-to-waste
They are undeserving and are incapable of protecting themselves. For me, it would be more painful to watch a horse being burned alive than a human.

This is what I think. Mostly. I don't agree with the latter, but if that was the case, at least a person would be able to do something to put the fire out or defend themselves. Setting a horse on fire is disgusting. It can't defend itself. It's only instinct would be to run, and it would keep running until it burnt to death if it wasn't tethered. Not to mention, the horse was not in good health anyway.
if the person was unrelated and not a friend of mine, I would have equal concern to them burning alive as I would with a horse, seeing as how they feel pain relatively the same way.

You're all speciesists
Quote by esther_mouse
As far as I can tell, nothing anyone has said has been saying "Is the value of a horse's life equal to that of a human?" or "OMG MAKE A CHOICE BETWEEN HORSES AND HUMANS NAOW".

Troll less already.

Edit: TS, do you have any kind of follow up here? News article, etc etc...

I'm not trolling you jerk, learn what troll means. I'm just asking why everyone is getting so worked up over a horse, it doesn't bother me, and it bothers other people, help me understand why you people feel this way. If that's trolling then I've been doing that for a long time.
Quote by ethan_hanus
If that's trolling then I've been doing that for a long time.

We know.
Quote by Zaphod_Beeblebr

Quote by MiKe Hendryckz
Quote by ethan_hanus
I'm not trolling you jerk, learn what troll means. I'm just asking why everyone is getting so worked up over a horse, it doesn't bother me, and it bothers other people, help me understand why you people feel this way. If that's trolling then I've been doing that for a long time.

You're deliberately stirring up argument over something which wasn't an issue to begin with. That's pretty much trolling in a nutshell

And I've not really paid a lot of attention to your posts but from what other people have said, yeah, you have been doing EXACTLY that for a long time.

At least you're an uninentional troll, unlike some people

And calling me a jerk is fairly uncalled for. :/
MEMBER OF THE LAUGAM BRITISH HIT SQUAD! HONORARY MEMBER OF THE SWEDISH LAUGAM HIT SQUAD!
I'M JUST SEE THROUGH FADED, SUPER JADED, AND OUT OF MY MIND
<//////>~ dA
Esther is officially awesome and smart - Frenchy
Quote by ethan_hanus

ever heard the expression 'well it's not like a horse is being burned'?
Quote by ethan_hanus

It's perfectly normal to feel disturbed when hearing a story like this. The focus is more on the people who did it, wondering: how could anybody do such a thing? I'd feel the same if it was a human.

And this is why we can't have nice things...
I like St. Anger. Ridicule me, daddy

Quote by ErikLensherr

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
Quote by esther_mouse

At least you're an uninentional troll

Is this even possible?

I always thought a troll was someone who knowingly acted like an idiot to get a response out of people.
Quote by Zaphod_Beeblebr

Quote by MiKe Hendryckz
Quote by ethan_hanus

You do hunting you said right? You aim to kill the animal as quickly and humanely as possible when hunting don't you? To not cause the animal more pain than necessary. Well, people are getting worked up about this because these disgusting people purposefully went out of their way to maliciously harm and possibly kill a weak and defenceless animal. Any person in the right mind would get worked up about that. Especially something like setting fire to the poor animal.
This is disgusting

Oh and ethans_anus, even though you are probably too stupid to understand this, people form emotional attachments to some animals. We don't eat horses. Horses aren't pests. Horses are loyal and generally liked as animals. That's why people are getting upset about an innocent animal being burnt alive, because it's inhumane and puts a lot of suffering on an animal.
Quote by esther_mouse
You're deliberately stirring up argument over something which wasn't an issue to begin with. That's pretty much trolling in a nutshell

And I've not really paid a lot of attention to your posts but from what other people have said, yeah, you have been doing EXACTLY that for a long time.

At least you're an uninentional troll, unlike some people

And calling me a jerk is fairly uncalled for. :/

Well, that was unexpected....I like argument, what can I say? When I respond to political threads, I just have a vastly different view on things than the majority of UG, so that somehow makes me a troll when I give my opinion. Can someone not give their own opinion even if you vastly disagree with it?

Ah well, whatever, ignore me then, I'm not important.....I'll leave now...