View poll results: which one?
Schecter Hellraiser V-1
3 18%
LTD EC-1000
14 82%
Voters: 17.
hello UG

Right now, I've got $800 and my eyes on 2 guitars:

Schecter Hellraiser V-1 (string thru model)
LTD EC-1000 Amber Sunburst

The V has emgs which I've never really tried and don't know how they sound. Also they're coil tappable. Also I WANT a V really bad. And I love the red finish

The EC-1000 is BEAUTIFUL. It has Seymour Duncans JB and 59 which I've tried and they sound pretty good.

What are your opinions on this guitars?

Thanks.
The Hellraiser V1's my dream guitar, and I'm not big on ESP necks as it is, so I voted the Schecter. Its all up to feel though, man, the Schecter's got a perfect neck IMO but I dont like the ESP's neck much at all(I like my necks big), and some think Vs are unplayable whereas I think they're just about the only way to go sitting down(can't sit comfortably with a Strat, SG or anything with a side port bar Teles, sadly). What kinda stuff do you play and what kinda amp do you have, just for reference?
Quote by SlayingDragons
Nah, I prefer to tune lower. My tunings usually go into weird Hebrew symbols.
metal, hard rock and punk. Amp is Peavey 6505 112 60W. Not that it matters, i'm in love with my amp :p I won't change it
You really need to try them. They have hugely different feels and sounds.
Personally I hate emg's and love SD's so I'd go the LTD.
I never really liked either of the necks actually, so
RIP Gooze

cats
i have the c1 hellraiser with emg 81tw and 89. it is an amazing guitar and absolutely everyhitng about it sounds and feels exactly right. it is so good that i have purchased and returned other guitars because they just couldn't quite get on par with the schecter.

in the case of emg's, people seem to either love them or hate them. i love them, and i love active pickups for the type of music i play (metalcore). they won't stand up to a passive wen it comes to cleans and brightness, but with heavy gain riffing and searing lead and shredding solos, you just can't be these emg's. kirk hammet, kerry king, james hettfield, zakk wylde. they all use the 81/85 combo. just great pickups and great guitars.

so, i'd say go with the schecter, just keep in mind, v's arent always the most comfortable thigns to play.... i find them annoying as hell
The finish on the necks of Schecter's Hellraiser series is some of the worst gloss finish I've felt on the back of a guitar neck. I'm not a huge fan of the EC-1000, either, but I'd definitely take one over a Hellraiser any day of the week.