ok so in the video did Robin Finck (the one with the gold les paul) put tape over where there was a neck pickup? and is there a reason for removing a pup?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0hfxwd3zpYo&feature=autoplay&list=ULZP-uZbI1Iec&index=2&playnext=1
COOLEST GUITAR EVER!
Peavey: Vypyr 15W
ESP: H-1001
Guitar Rig 5 with Kontrol
Eleven rack
Fender blues Jr III
Gibson Les Paul Studio Pro
Daredevil 77 IC Op-Amp Fuzz
it appears he did... maybe to make it more like a Les Paul Junior?????
I'm so happy. I get to eat a muffin.
Quote by space aids
You are so happy to eat a muffin it's kinda scary.
Quote by ali.guitarkid7
Goes around tryina light dudes on fire.
Quote by MakinLattes
Too much Sublime.

I tell a lie, there is no such thing.
No, there isn't really a good reason to. I mean, it'll just sound the same as not having the neck pickup on. He may just not want to deal with it?
Not unless you want to simplify your wiring, no.

Which is a pretty retarded reason in itself.
Quote by Tone Deaf
Someone has had too much jager in their slushy. :/
Quote by CL/\SH
First person on UG to be a grammar nazi and use the correct form of "your" in the correct context.

+ 70 virgins to you, my good sir.

Quote by Fassa Albrecht
Girls DO fap...I don't though.
wut. having less pickups means there's less load on the circuit which makes the remaining pickup behave differently.
Prs se Holcomb is the answer
Quote by AcousticMirror
wut. having less pickups means there's less load on the circuit which makes the remaining pickup behave differently.

Not really. If you put your toggle in the bridge position it removes the neck pickup from the circuit. Therefore it has no bearing on the signal path. Removing pots, yes.
There are lots of guitar players that only use a bridge pickup and there are an equal amount that probably think the Les Paul toggle switch is in an inconvenient place. Finck is probably both of those.