hey guys, I dont know if this belongs in the Wiring thread but i think it doesnt.
anyways, i plugged my guitar in yesterday and found out my fuzz factory had this noise floor when i would turn the pot all the way down on my guitar. sounded weird. i know the pedal by heart so it wasn't the pedal really making it's weird noises. it as my guitar having some problems. i noticed it'd get some popping sounds sometimes when i'd sit down, thought it was the cable but i fixed the cable and it's fine now but the pop is still there. Anyways i changed the cable and plugged into my RP straight and it was still weird. the guitar would pick up the sound from me tapping the pickguard, the pots or like when you turn the pot till the end. it also picks up that click as if there's a huge piezo installed (I aint got no piezos in there). so what is this? what am i gonna look for when i open the guitar? Im thinking it's teh grounding of the bridge or something like that. may be the vol pot's ground or jack's... anyways thought i'll drop a line here

TL;DR: Guitar is picking up every sound from the body as if it's got a piezo, grounding issue, what shall i look for in the guitar?
I'm not a wiring guru, but the control cavity may not be properly shielded, the input jack may be messed up. Could it be the amp?
no it couldnt cause like everything worked the day before but i was suspecting the gutiar's cable. it really was broken. but then i fixed it and ti was still popping. hmm I'm really sure it's in the cavity! i think one of the hot wires is touching the pickguard (ti's got a metal plate on it from the inside so may be that could act as the sound picker... idk.. just the thing is i dont wanna open it up now cause i'ma be receiving a package with pickups and some pots so i'd love to do it at once and then restring it (you know strats...) not like now when i dont have new strings either lol... but well, i guess i'll have to.. hmmff :/
I'll try the guitar with something else i guess (headphones and whatnot) before opening it up but... any other suggestions ?
I didn't know it was your strat lol. All my guitars (except one) have the control cavity in the back. It could be an issue with the pickups, or maybe the input jack is damaged in some way. I'm no expert.
Quote by trueamerican
I didn't know it was your strat lol. All my guitars (except one) have the control cavity in the back. It could be an issue with the pickups, or maybe the input jack is damaged in some way. I'm no expert.

yeah may be the pickups but it's weird. i only had the guitar for 6 years. got it new. hmm.. anyways good im waiting for new pups (dimarzios )
hmm still wondering what's wrong. guess i'll check it tmaro or something. may be at night