t's an Ibanez RG 1570z. It has a floating tremolo.

Strings 2nd through 6th are just fine. It is only the 1st string (the thinest E string) that I'm having troubles with.

When played open, the first string plays E, correctly tuned. When played on the 12th fret, it makes an E but it's too flat. I tried moving the bridge saddle towards the headstock to decrease the string lenght, and it helped. However, there are 3 problems with that.

Problem number one is, all my other strings have similar levels on their bridge saddles, and it's kind of weird for the 1st string to need such a different level.
Problem number two is I had to move the saddle as much as possible, and even then the 12th fret makes an E that is a little flat.
Problem number three is that, having moved the saddle so much, the fine tuner for the first string is no longer in touch with the saddle, and it doesn't work for changing the tuning of the guitar at all.

What could be causing this problem? My guitar's neck is not curved, and I don't think my string height is too high or too low. The strings are kinda old (2 and a half months). Could that be the cause? I was going to change the strings but I wanted to fix the intonation problems first.

Help, please. I will take it to a technician, but I want to learn about guitars so I can fix these things by myself in the future.
The string might have been strung improperly and could have twisted a little and that little bit of tension could have messed it up. I would restring the whole guitar and if that doesn't work, good luck
I hadn't thought of that. Will change the strings first thing in the morning.

Any other ideas meanwhile?
Are you sure it's flat? I would use a tuner to check, and not a shitty Korg chromatic tuner. I'd go to a guitar store and ask to check out one of the Planet Waves $120 tuners. Just say you want to see how accurate it is because you're considering buying it.
Quote by trueamerican
Are you sure it's flat? I would use a tuner to check, and not a shitty Korg chromatic tuner. I'd go to a guitar store and ask to check out one of the Planet Waves $120 tuners. Just say you want to see how accurate it is because you're considering buying it.

Even a shitty tuner will get you in the right ball park. If you are really having intonation issues you should A) take it to your local luthier for a proper set up, then B) talk to the place you bought the guitar and tell them you have a neck that is non-functional.
Suhr Custom, Flaxwood Rautia or Grosh Tele thru
HBE Medicine Bawl Wah
Analogman BiComp
Texas Two Step OD
Fulltone Ultimate Octave/Fuzz
Boss CE-2
TC Nova Delay
SLO-100, 65 London or Bogner Shiva
Ask me about any of this stuff!
^ Absolutely. But if it's telling him it's just the tiniest bit flat, it might not be the guitar.
Quote by trueamerican
^ Absolutely. But if it's telling him it's just the tiniest bit flat, it might not be the guitar.

Agreed, a small difference may be the tuner. But if one "E" is in tune and another is not (6th string, 12th fret), then the issue likely extends beyond your tuner.
Suhr Custom, Flaxwood Rautia or Grosh Tele thru
HBE Medicine Bawl Wah
Analogman BiComp
Texas Two Step OD
Fulltone Ultimate Octave/Fuzz
Boss CE-2
TC Nova Delay
SLO-100, 65 London or Bogner Shiva
Ask me about any of this stuff!
I don't know. I have a Korg chromatic tuner, and it'll sometimes give me different results for the same note. Not like giving me a C when it's an F, but you know what I mean.
I use the tuner in my Boss GT-10. Also, I tried moving the bridge saddle many times, and tuning up and down and it always gives me the same flat note.

It's really weird that only one of the strings has troubles when all the others are fine. And its a pretty big difference if I don't move the bridge saddle as close to the headstock.
I just want to say that I changed the strings today and intonation was corrected.

I read in other forums that, as strings age, they start to have incorrect intonation.

I'll now go from changing strings every 10 weeks to every 5 weeks. Hope this is useful for someone else in here