My Ibanez GRX40, although I love it since its my first guitar, just has very small frets. my fingers are just ****in fat. So, I decided to take a small gamble and buy a neck for $25. Its all I can afford at the moment. Im worried it doesnt fit my body. The neck was described to be for Stratocaster, and from what I heard on the net and what I've seen, my Ibanez has a strat's body. However, I'm not 100% sure how to do install the neck... I looked at the guitar and figured... well it cant be that hard...right?
"A guitar is your personality expressed through six strings"

"I'm cuddly bitch, deal with it"
It's not as simple as that I'm afraid.
Frets are a certain distance apart for a reason, and these distances depend on something called scale length. You need to have a neck with the right scale length or your whole guitar will sound out of tune. So the strat neck will have to have the same scale length as your Ibby.

AND, if that's the case, then it still won't help you with your problem of having too small frets I'm afraid :/
well, the neck I bought said it had jumbo frets. which... must be bigger than the neck I have now. ll be real pissed if I just dropped money and it doesnt help...
"A guitar is your personality expressed through six strings"

"I'm cuddly bitch, deal with it"
I think he meants fretwire, not the scale length.
Lblis, make sure they are the same scale length (mesure from the nut to 12th fret, then multiply by 2) so you can have proper intonation.
Just call me Julius, J, etc.
Taking an Internet break for a while, will come on when I can.