Hello,

My practice amp has an instrument input and a CD input/line in. Do you think I could plug my bass on the instrument input and my friend's guitar (no distortion) in the CD input/line in so we can jam simultaneously with just one amp?

Thanks.
you might get some frequency overlaps and cancellation, which will make it sound a bit crappy but if it's just for a jam I'm assuming it would be fine.
Quote by UraniYum
Fuck you I'm trying to be caring and shit

Quote by Cb4rabid
Okay guys, I have a confession to make. Not really a confession since it's something that's been bugging me for awhile but I've always been in denial about it.

**** you gilly, it's not what you think
I might be wrong, but I think CD ins have a lot more impedance than instrument ins, which I think will only severely limit your volume, but could have more serious consequences.

I think it'll sound like crap, and you'll have very little volume, but it should function.
Quote by Wolffgang
I might be wrong, but I think CD ins have a lot more impedance than instrument ins, which I think will only severely limit your volume, but could have more serious consequences.

You're wrong. He also says it has a line in, which would have to be the same impedance assuming they don't expect you to plug a head into it. Which would be stupid.

You'll be fine it'll just sound crap...
Quote by Knucklehead Dyl
He also says it has a line in
It's not separate from the CD input. It's just one input called "CD input/line in".
Quote by Knucklehead Dyl
What type of plug is it?
1/4 inch (like a standard guitar jack)
or something you can plug your headphones into?

Don't worry it'll still be fine i'm just curious
It's a standard 1/4" jack. Thanks.
Quote by Poglia
It's a standard 1/4" jack. Thanks.

It'll be fine.
Quote by skater dan0
Damn you and your ninja-like modding
the input sensitivity of the line input is likely to be too low for as guitar out unless it is active. If one of your instruments is active then use that into the line input, it won't make any difference which way round you do it. If one is too quiet try using any effects pedals you have to boost the signal.

The easiest thing is to try it, it'll only take a few seconds, it might work or it might not, you have nothing to lose by trying it