Some cool heavy metal here for you chaps... old dark, cavernous-sounding stuff, really sounds like fellow Aussies The Wizar'd, with a bit of classic doom like Vitus thrown in.

Vocals are particularly class, instead of the usual heavy metal style, they've gone for a harsh, barked kind of style that takes a while to get used to. The 12'' s/t and split with Murkrat are well worth picking up.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x--HfNgJlQs
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=322UYwvwDVs
Quote by Ultraussie
I want to try that while playing the opening riff to "Tempting Time".

0-0-0-13-0-0-0-0-13 or something like that alalalala but It;s so heavy and off time and awesome and you could not f**k anyone to it.

Quote by Ingested
burzum IS nazi. well, varg is.
Are they from around your way man? Ever see them on a bill or anything?
Quote by Ultraussie

0-0-0-13-0-0-0-0-13 or something like that alalalala but It;s so heavy and off time and awesome and you could not f**k anyone to it.

Quote by Ingested
Quote by Stranglehold

Nah man, you'd be better off asking Cianyx considering that they're from Canberra.
Last edited by jibran at May 21, 2011,
I'm liking it, proper old style metal, definitely gonna have to get some more of their stuff.
Definitely hear some Pagan Altar in there too! If they refine their act a bit, they'll be killer
I’m not the man I used to be, I... I can’t go back to Arkham.

I... I should return to Arkham.

Among the churchyard’s mouldering stones I recognise a name – my own.
I have come home to Arkham.

Quote by Stranglehold

Nah, this is the first time I'm hearing about the band. I'll keep my eyes peeled though
Strange mention about the production - funnily enough, I don't think those vocals would work with cleaner production. Suits the dirty edge of the music that the vocals lend to it. Some serious amount of great heavy metal coming out these days!
Quote by Ultraussie

Quote by Ingested
Quote by Stranglehold
Strange mention about the production - funnily enough, I don't think those vocals would work with cleaner production. Suits the dirty edge of the music that the vocals lend to it. Some serious amount of great heavy metal coming out these days!

The dirt isn't what bothers me. I LOVE rough and raw production. I just don't like the drum sound. It's much more towards the front than I think it should be and sounds a little bit separate from everything else.