Hey guys, some mates and I are going to play a couple of songs for his going way party and basically I'm trying to figure out how Kirk gets the end solo on jump in the fire to sound the way it does, because when I play it identically it doesn't sound as fast as his as though there are effects blending the notes together more.

Do the songs have some sort've delay on them (I've swear i've noticed it on the whole album in the past)? And is that shrilly lead tone of his due to wah???

The song has 2 solo's I'm talking about the end one, it just sounds covered in effects however I can't figure it out haha, any ideas???
Sounds like Reverb to me, and quite a bit of it.
I shall grant you three wishes.

None of which will work.

Does the above post enrage, offend or confuse you?

Good.

I like my women how I like my guitars. Curvy and like it when I finger them.
i don't know the song, but it's teh hammster, so i'mma say...

WAH

EDIT: yeah prolly wah
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Last edited by Dave_Mc at May 21, 2011,
The reverb is on the whole album, the thing you think is an effect sounds like his pick-attack to me, his lead tones tend to have that sharp attack.

No wah there as far as I can tell.
Last edited by JesusCrisp at May 21, 2011,
Iimma go with, what is a tube screamer?
Guitars:
LTD KH-602
LTD M-15
Schecter Hellraiser FR (for sale w/hsc, pm me.)
BC Rich Bronze WarCock
BC Rich Ironbird1
Tokai Voyager
Jackson JS30 Kelly
Vester: Metal flake gold/black crackle
Vester: rainbow crackle
Carvin V220
Quote by JesusCrisp
The reverb is on the whole album, the thing you think is an effect sounds like his pick-attack to me, his lead tones tend to have that sharp attack.

No wah there as far as I can tell.

i dunno, i heard a bit of something there that *might* have been a wah... like if he was only hitting it occasionally (and using it to accentuate the odd note), or leaving it in one place.

hey it's kirk
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
i dunno, i heard a bit of something there that *might* have been a wah... like if he was only hitting it occasionally (and using it to accentuate the odd note), or leaving it in one place.

hey it's kirk

Might be, that might also contribute to the sharp attack.
And wah isn't that noticable if you play very high notes.
And yeah, it's Hammett .... OK there most probably is some wah in the solo.

yeah the sharp attack was what i was thinking... it's not necessarily a wah, but it might be, and, hey, it's kirk.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?