Salutations, forum-dwellers.

I'm on the hunt for a new guitar. Being left handed, my choices are limited and often force me to look into lesser known or cheaper brands. I'm playing an Epiphone Les Paul Standard through a Blackstar HT5 combo at the moment. I play a lot of alternative, hard rock, bit of metal and whatnot. I've found two guitars that I really like at good prices within my budget.

Cort M600
http://tinyurl.com/3ldu3t3

Schecter C1 Custom
http://tinyurl.com/43ug6hq

Thing is, the Schecter's gonna cost me a whole lot more what with VAT and import taxes (about £470 I think) but it'll still be a hell of a lot cheaper than buying it in the UK. I really like the C1 however the Cort is cheaper but not quite as nice, even though I still like it.

What are your opinions on these instruments?
I shall grant you three wishes.

None of which will work.

Does the above post enrage, offend or confuse you?

Good.

I like my women how I like my guitars. Curvy and like it when I finger them.
Last edited by BeefWellington at May 21, 2011,
Get the one that you really like if you have the money. Don't get stingy and settle for less.
One of the third friendliest users
Stratkat's pet

Quote by Momentosis
Void is a wanker that's why

here's an axe you should get

but on a serious note,

check www.gak.co.uk, they usually have some nice LH guitars similar to what you're looking for.
Belief is a beautiful armour but makes for the heaviest sword.
Go for the guitar you really want m8

In the end, if you buy one you don't like because it's cheaper you'll only be dissapointed later on :/
I love Prog, +1 for synth solos and songs about maggie thatcher.

Gear:

Geddy Lee Jazz (Black )
Fender Rumble 100 (It lights up )
MXR Auto-Wah (Purple... )
Boss Bass Overdrive (I can almsot sound like Chris Wolstenholme )
i would say it's always worth it in the long run to spend more if you can - a guitar is something that's gonna last you a long time so it's worth paying more for that step up in quality imo.
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.
Those are both very similar to your Les Paul. If you really want a better Les Paul, it's best to save up more money.
You people are swaying me towards the Schecter...

I've got the eBay page open now, just sitting here drooling over it.

None of which will work.

Good.

Of those two my money would be in the Cort but that's largely because I find Schecter necks quite chunky compared to Corts. If you're happy with the way the Schecter plays then that's fine. Were there any features you were particularly looking for and perhaps we may come up with some alternatives?
Gibson Les Paul Studio with Catswhiskers pickups
PRS SE 'Floyd' Custom 24 with Creamery pickups
Fender Standard Stratocaster with DiMarzio pickups
Takamine GN30
BluGuitar AMP1
Quote by Darkflame
isn't the C1 expensive for a used b-stock...?

It's a brand spanking new b-stock. It's a b-stock because the tiniest finish chip you'll ever see underneath the neck humbucker. And it's only £330 Sterling. Import duty and delivery will whack it up for £472, though.

Quote by Doadman
Of those two my money would be in the Cort but that's largely because I find Schecter necks quite chunky compared to Corts. If you're happy with the way the Schecter plays then that's fine. Were there any features you were particularly looking for and perhaps we may come up with some alternatives?

I like the way Schecters play. I quite like thicker necks. There weren't any features in particular I was looking for. I'd just like another, nicer guitar. If you have any suggestions that come in left handed, by all means suggest away. The Schecter's lovely but I'm slightly worried about the price (Bloody VAT).

None of which will work.

Good.

Last edited by BeefWellington at May 21, 2011,
Quote by Darkflame
I was just saying that since the first line on his paragraph is

THIS GUITAR IS BEING SOLD AS USED IT IS A SCHECTER FACTORY 2ND ( BLEMISHED GUITAR ) B STOCK

either way, I've never played any, I was just pointing that out, good luck on your hunt =)

I read the whole thing (thoroughly) because I'm cautious when I first saw it ages ago. It's being sold AS USED but the condition is brand new. But thanks for trying to point that out, though.

SCHECTER GUITARS CONSIDERS - ALL FACTORY 2ND GUITARS ( BLEMISHED GUITARS B STOCK) TO BE USED --"THIS IS A USED GUITAR/BASS; IT IS NOT COVERED BY FACTORY WARRANTY "- STARTING JAN 1 2009

THIS GUITAR IS BEING SOLD AS USED IT IS A SCHECTER FACTORY 2ND ( BLEMISHED GUITAR ) B STOCK ------- I AM A FACTORY AUTHORIZED SCHECTER DEALER -- THIS IS A SCHECTER DIAMOND SERIES C-1 CUSTOM 2010 MODEL GUITAR LEFT HAND !!!!!!!!!! LEFTY !!!!!!!!!!! LEFT HANDED !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!WITH USA SEYMOUR DUNCAN PICKUPS - IT HAS A HIGH GLOSS SEE THRU BLACK FINISH WITH A QUILTED MAPLE TOP CREME MULTISTRIPE BINDING ON HEADSTOCK, AND BODY AND CREME BINDING ON THE FINGERBOARD , CHROME FINISH HARDWARE, CHROME SEALED AND LOCKING SCHECTER TUNERS WITH WHITE PEARLOID KEYS , A CARVED TOP , SET NECK THE NECK IS A 3 PIECE MAPLE NECK , THE BODY IS MAHAGONY , FULLY BOUND IN CREME FRETBOARD , 24 MEDIUM FRET EBONY FINGERBOARD WITH PEARL AND ABALONE INLAYS , THE SCALE IS 24 3/4" , 2 USA SEYMOUR DUNCAN HUMBUCKER PICKUPS CUSTOM CUSTOM AND A 59' , 2 VOLUME AND 1 TONE CONTROL ( PULLS UP FOR COIL TAPPING) AND A 3 POSITION SWITCH AND A TONE PROS ADJUSTABLE BRIDGE AND STOP TAIL PIECE -- THE GUITAR HAS GREAT TONE AND ACTION --- THE CONDITION IS BRAND NEW !!! BUT BLEMISHED -- THIS IS A SCHECTER FACTORY 2ND BLEMISHED GUITAR -- STAMPED "2" ON THE BACK OF THE HEADSTOCK -- --- THIS IS DUE ON THE BASS SIDE OF BODY BY THE NECK PICKUP THERE IS A SMALL FINISH CHIP ( SEE LAST PIC) --- NO CASE-- ---- -- NEW LIST IS -- $1049.00

None of which will work.

Good.

Gibson Les Paul Studio with Catswhiskers pickups
PRS SE 'Floyd' Custom 24 with Creamery pickups
Fender Standard Stratocaster with DiMarzio pickups
Takamine GN30
BluGuitar AMP1
ebay can always find you a worthwhile guitar for a lot cheaper than shops if you just keep searching youll eventually find something you can work with
Guitars:
Dean Baby Z FOR SALE
Ibanez GRX170
Bass:
Encore EBP-E4SB
Amps:
Roland Cube 15X
Encore B.B.blaster 10W
Effects:
Korg Toneworks AX10G
Behringer heavy distorsion FOR SALE
Behringer Ultra phase shifter FOR SALE