Hello pit,

I just got back from an audition(It's my first one) for a local bar.

Just acoustic.

I failed miserably.

Anyway, What are your bad audition stories pit?

EDIT:
This not limited to band or musical auditions. Any audition pit
Last edited by gothblade at May 21, 2011,
i messed up in my berklee audition
Quote by guitarxo
I had a dream about your avatar once, so yes of course.

Quote by Bladez22

every time i see that twirling electrode avatar of yours I know that the post is worth reading or the link is worth clicking

Quote by fearofthemark

We really can't help being nervous if it's the first time right?

Can you audition again?
Quote by gothblade
We really can't help being nervous if it's the first time right?

Can you audition again?

next year after another 150 bucks and a series of essay questions
Quote by guitarxo

Quote by Bladez22

every time i see that twirling electrode avatar of yours I know that the post is worth reading or the link is worth clicking

I was auditioning to this minor part in a movie, and the director said if I'd pleasure him I'd get the part, he never called me back
Quote by tattyreagh
He's the hero The Pit deserves but not the one it needs right now. So, we'll hunt him, because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian. A watchful protector. GbAdimDb5m7.

Free Jani92jani

Free Will Swanson
Quote by fearofthemark
next year after another 150 bucks and a series of essay questions

Damn... Well dude just do your best the next time... A year can drastically improve your know how... At the very least you had the chance to experience that.
I auditioned for this band that was supposed to be experimental rock/indie...

I get there and we're playing the usual indie sounding stuff and they say that I've gotten the part, and all of the sudden the lead singer/bassist says "Ok now lets start focusing on the more important aspect, the hardcore"

Needless to say, punches were made.

jk but I told him I'm quitting the band, so I was in an actual band for about 15 mins!
Quote by fearofthemark

Snap - I'm taking a year out too mate! Tbh I think it's a blessing in disguise.
I mean a whole year to practice guitar and make some money isnt a bad thing. By the end of it I'll hopefully get damn good at guitar and reduce the amount of debt Ill have.

Its just shit telling my mates who're off to uni that Ill be working in Pizza Hut and playing guitar for a year
Quote by gothblade
Damn... Well dude just do your best the next time... A year can drastically improve your know how... At the very least you had the chance to experience that.

yup! and now I know how it works so I'll be prepared next year

Quote by demon.guitarist
Snap - I'm taking a year out too mate! Tbh I think it's a blessing in disguise.
I mean a whole year to practice guitar and make some money isnt a bad thing. By the end of it I'll hopefully get damn good at guitar and reduce the amount of debt Ill have.

Its just shit telling my mates who're off to uni that Ill be working in Pizza Hut and playing guitar for a year

Nice! I'm going to UMass Amherst and I might transfer next year.
Quote by guitarxo

Quote by Bladez22