Page 1 of 4
Does anyone have any idea why this band have such short setlists, they have so many songs they should be playing, such as a few from their second album and city of evil. songs like Second Heartbeat, Beast and the Harlot, Seize the Day, Chapter Four would be nice inclusions to the list, and even a couple more from Nightmare such as Danger Line and Victim (unless shadows can't sing that high live :P)

I just think a band like them should be playing longer setlists for the fans. i mean Dave Grohl did say ""if your fav band comes out and plays for an hour & 15 min. Then they shouldn't be your favourite band.

So Avenged Sevenfold are a good band, doesn't matter if you don't like their style of music they are good musicians
But they can't play all their good songs if they just play for and hour and a half. They need a longer setlist so people can actually experience all that the band has to offer.

Their current setlist is: Nightmare, Critical Acclaim, Welcome to the Family, Almost Easy, Buried Alive, So Far Away, Afterlife, God Hates Us, Bat Country, Unholy Confessions, Fiction, Save Me
My Rig:

• Schecter Hellraiser C-1 Blackcherry
  • Randall RG75D-G3
  • Dunlop Crybaby Wah
  • Boss FV-50 H volume
  • Boss DM-2 analogue delay

My Last.FM page

The UPROAR My music blog/webzine.
Quote by phantom_lord586
Save Me

Stopped reading there.
sometimes I see us in a cymbal splash or in the sound of a car crash
Because they don't want people to suffer too much.
Quote by tattyreagh
He's the hero The Pit deserves but not the one it needs right now. So, we'll hunt him, because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian. A watchful protector. GbAdimDb5m7.

Free Jani92jani

Free Will Swanson
Because people can't listen to their music for more than 30 minutes without getting bored.
Quote by severed-metal
Come to think of it, my penis should've listened to more death metal.

Quote by Morphogenesis26
So my question is. Can Pre-Cum fluid pass through my underwear, my jeans, onto and through her jeans, through her underwear, and impregnate her?
Even Avenged Sevenfold gets tired of hearing Avenged Sevenfold after an hour and a half.

But you have to take in musician fatigue. I'm sure singing in such a whiney voice all the time strains the vocal chords pretty fast.
MY GEAR:
PRS SE Custom 24
Jackson DKA7
Gibson Explorer
MESA/Boogie Express 5:25
BOSS GT-100

BOSS TU-2
Dunlop Cry Baby Classic
BOSS NS-2
VOX Joe Satriani Ice 9 OD Pedal
VOX Joe Satriani Time Machine Delay Pedal
Ernie Ball Strings
V Picks
Last edited by Koshman32 at May 21, 2011,
90 minutes is a short setlist? What the **** are you talking about?
Quote by ChemicalFire
He was too stunned by my fresh truths.

Quote by GodofCheesecake
"And I would've gotten away with it too, if it weren't for you darn kids and your meddling and your breakadowns!"

Quote by Nakedbythecomp
Metal is a sub-genre of metalcore since metalcore is more popular therefore better.
Their singer sounds like a tired old man, wheezing and swearing unconvincingly. He might just like to go to bed early.
I'LL PUNCH A DONKEY IN THE STREETS OF GALWAY
Not this shit again... *facepalms*

Let me just sum up what's going to happen ITT:

Fanboy: "A7X is THE BEST BAND EVARRRRRR. [INSERT OTHER MORONIC STATEMENTS HERE]"
Anti-A7X Post: lolnah.
Fanboy: "[insert RAAAAAEEEEEEEG here]"

...and this coming from a guy who doesn't mind Avenged Sevenfold, and likes some of their music quite a bit (City of Evil was a good Modern "Pop-Metal" album. I'll argue that any day), but goddamn the fanchildren just ****ing ruin the band for so many people.
Quote by Zeppelin71
Umm. . .uh. . .your mom touched sjones' dick. YOUR MOM TOUCHED OUR GUITARISTS GENITALS IN A CAMPER AT A BIKER FESTIVAL! truth.
Quote by WCPhils
IDK, they do need a longer setlist though.

thanks for a proper repsonse, im seeing them in a couple months and i just think their setlist isnt long enough, even though they are play save me which is like 11min long
My Rig:

• Randall RG75D-G3
  • Dunlop Crybaby Wah
  • Boss FV-50 H volume

My Last.FM page

Quote by Monolith295
90 minutes is a short setlist? What the **** are you talking about?

c'mon i saw Iron Maiden at Soundwave and they played for 2hrs straight
and Foo Fighters have been play setlists of at least 2 1/2 hrs
My Rig:

• Randall RG75D-G3
  • Dunlop Crybaby Wah
  • Boss FV-50 H volume

My Last.FM page

No one could handle any longer.

This is Larry The If you click him, he will give you magic powers.
srsly.

If you are not willing to die for the perfect s'more, Then you don't deserve a s'more at all.
Quote by JohnnyGenzale
Stopped reading there.

Me too... I often stop reading the post at the end of the post
Spin round carousel
When your horse isn't screwed in

I II III VI:1 VI:2
You guys are assholes.
Quote by guitarxo
I had a dream about your avatar once, so yes of course.

Quote by Bladez22

every time i see that twirling electrode avatar of yours I know that the post is worth reading or the link is worth clicking

Quote by sjones

Fanboy: "A7X is THE BEST BAND EVARRRRRR. [INSERT OTHER MORONIC STATEMENTS HERE]"

...and this coming from a guy who doesn't mind Avenged Sevenfold, and likes some of their music quite a bit (City of Evil was a good Modern "Pop-Metal" album. I'll argue that any day), but goddamn the fanchildren just ****ing ruin the band for so many people.

no fanboys just the retarded comments of the 12 yo haters that think if music aint extreme it is boring they obviously haven't figured out melody is a part of music too
Quote by sjones

yeah i hate those fanboys, there are things i like and things i don't like about the band. but there are certainly better bands than them. but they ar better than alot of the shit that is out there
My Rig:

• Randall RG75D-G3
  • Dunlop Crybaby Wah
  • Boss FV-50 H volume

My Last.FM page

Quote by ali.guitarkid7
They need to get off the stage before the crowd starts throwing veggies.

In all seriousness though...they suck.

says the guy who listens to RHCP.
Quote by guitarxo

Quote by Bladez22

every time i see that twirling electrode avatar of yours I know that the post is worth reading or the link is worth clicking

Quote by ali.guitarkid7
First of all, completely different genres.
Second of all, RHCP rule.
Third of all, you like A7X...your argument is invalid.

AEDIT:

they're both rock, hardly "completely different genres".

RHCP are washed out and overrated.
and a7x is amazing.
Quote by guitarxo

Quote by Bladez22

Quote by Engel22
Because they want to do little work and get paid lots of money.

Most likely that.

And they never even change the setlist? That's lazy...
Quote by fearofthemark

and a7x is amazing.

you're a stone fox
Quote by fearofthemark

Two different brands of "rock" though. Really, it's like putting beer and Pepsi in the same category because they're "drinks".

Second of all, RHCP rule.
Third of all, you like A7X...your argument is invalid.

I like some of A7X's work, so I guess just because of that my musical tastes are "shit" in your obviously totally important opinion?

Like Avenged Sevenfold or not, I'll say this. At least they make a different album every time they put one out. Unlike the Chili Peppers who constantly churn out the same music on every album.
Quote by Zeppelin71
Umm. . .uh. . .your mom touched sjones' dick. YOUR MOM TOUCHED OUR GUITARISTS GENITALS IN A CAMPER AT A BIKER FESTIVAL! truth.
Quote by fearofthemark

and a7x is amazing.

This argument is gonna reach a moot point pretty soon.

But if you look at my previous post, you'll find that your argument is in fact invalid due to your admiration of a terrible band.

Tbh I never listened to them, I just dislike them because I feel like they ****ed up Mike Portnoy's career.
He deserves better.

AEDIT:
Quote by sjones
I like some of A7X's work, so I guess just because of that my musical tastes are "shit" in your obviously totally important opinion?

Like Avenged Sevenfold or not, I'll say this. At least they make a different album every time they put one out. Unlike the Chili Peppers who constantly churn out the same music on every album.

I don't really care what anyone's music tastes are, he pissed me off when he called everyone assholes for having an opinion, so I started bashing on A7X, then he started bashing on RHCP...
I don't hate A7X, their music is nice to listen to sometimes but the fans piss me off, and so does the fact that MP left DT for them.
They're not shit like I said before, but the fans piss me off...
Last edited by ali.guitarkid7 at May 21, 2011,
Quote by sjones
Two different brands of "rock" though. Really, it's like putting beer and Pepsi in the same category because they're "drinks".

"Guinness tastes better than pepsi".

Personal taste aside, how is that an invalid statement?

This!
Quote by guitarxo

Quote by Bladez22

Quote by ali.guitarkid7
This argument is gonna reach a moot point pretty soon.

But if you look at my previous post, you'll find that your argument is in fact invalid due to your admiration of a terrible band.

Tbh I never listened to them, I just dislike them because I feel like they ****ed up Mike Portnoy's career.
He deserves better.

well there's the problem.

Mike Portnoy preferred to play with Avenged Sevenfold than Dream Theater because he enjoyed it more. How is that ****ing up his career?

I like that one RHCP song, Under the Bridge, but I don't like the way RHCP plays it. I prefer covers.
Quote by guitarxo

Quote by Bladez22

Quote by Vitor_vdp
*you mad*

Um, no. Just discussing music.

Quote by Zeppelin71
Too much wank, not enough spank.

Quote by phantom_lord586
c'mon i saw Iron Maiden at Soundwave and they played for 2hrs straight

And they're soooo oooold. And still were having more fun playing than most of the other bands.
Quote by Vornik
Thanks for the advice. I'm going to put it, along with your other advice, into a book, the pages of which I will then use to wipe my ass.
Quote by ali.guitarkid7
your argument is in fact invalid
Quote by ali.guitarkid7
Tbh I never listened to them,
i'm pretty sure that makes your argument invalid.

if mike portnoy threw away any chances with his old band for these guys and they weren't interested, that's not their fault. that's his fault. what goes around comes around.
i'm not expressing any kinda personal opinions here i'm just saying you can't blame them for him making a bad career move. we can however blame you for expressing opinions on a band that by your own admission you've never listened to.
Last edited by kthxbi at May 21, 2011,
Quote by homeless-john
I expected a punchline to the thread title.

me too
"The man that hath no music in himself, nor is not moved with concord of sweet sounds, is fit for treasons, stratagems, and spoils. The motions of his spirit are dull as night, and his affections dark as Erebus. Let no such man be trusted."
Page 1 of 4