I currently own a 4 string Schecter Diamond P Bass. I'm looking to jump to a 5 string, and need some suggestions. The Epiphone Thunderbird Pro-V 5 string caught my eye, but the price is a little too high, due to the fact I need all the accessories.

Any insight or suggestions would be awesome.
Yamaha RBX375. I've got one, and it's a pretty nice bass for me as a beginner/intermediate bass player, and I picked mine up dirt cheap second hand on eBay (it was an ex-display model).
Quote by halfpastnever12
I currently own a 4 string Schecter Diamond P Bass. I'm looking to jump to a 5 string, and need some suggestions. The Epiphone Thunderbird Pro-V 5 string caught my eye, but the price is a little too high, due to the fact I need all the accessories.

Any insight or suggestions would be awesome.

What accessories?
pinga
Ibanez makes very good 5 strings and the Peavey millennium series are very nice
I have the RBX374 (4 string version of the 375) which is really nice to play. My 5 string is an Ibanez K5 which i must say is just a beautiful thing to play!
Definitely have a look at some Ibanez's and Peaveys. My friends SRA 505 is one of the best 5's i've seen in its price range
Quote by seemeel
He needs a new amp. Definitely. The Spider IIIs are potentially the worst sounding amplifiers you can buy.
Budget please, we're not long-distance mind readers.
Basses:
Fender Precision Bass
Fender Jazz Bass
1967 Fender Coronado Bass II
Warwick Star Bass
Squier Precision Bass TB
Whats your budget and what styles are you looking to play?
Quote by seemeel
He needs a new amp. Definitely. The Spider IIIs are potentially the worst sounding amplifiers you can buy.
Quote by halfpastnever12
Accessories? Strings, a new strap, a decent amp, tuner...etc

Ehh, none of those are really 'decent'. What bass comes without strings?
pinga
Peavey Millenium is pretty good, had one. I've had several other brands over the years and now I'm big into Dean basses, I have several and find them a great bass for the money. Steer away from the Playmate low end ones.
1981 G&L L 1000
Dean Razor NT5
Dean Hardtail 5
Dean Sledge Hammer 5 Ash
Dean Sledge Hammer 5 Mahogany
Dean Edge 1-5
Dean Edge Q-6 string
Dean Rhapsody 4
Axle Acoustic bass
MiniStar 5 string bass
Dean DOA Caddilac
Dean V-Wing acoustic