This is just starting to look worse and worse each day.
Alright, So i bought this amp from guitar center used, $199 around christmas time. It's a
b52 at 212 tri-rectifier tube combo 100watts, and everything worked fine for awhile. then about a month in, i got speaker popping, but ignored it since i was new to tube amps (yes i know, extremely stupid of me.). after disregarding it, it went away for a bit, then one morning about a month ago from today, the amp got extremely quiet even on around 9.5 master and channel volume, and it was very distorted even on clean. then a few days later, sound of any kind stopped. I just replaced the four power tubes, because before only one was lighting up. they all light up now. !THE BIGGEST DETAIL! and also the only reason im posting, since no other forum has yielded helpful results, is that i do get sound when the standby switch is on. However, i immediately turn it back off because one power tube will begin to get the "blue glow" and i get some kind of hissy feedback.

Any response would be appreciated....
you tried a different guitar / cables?

was your guitar volume above 0? ( just to make sure... )
Quote by RetroGunslinger
using nines for drop C# is like stringing the guitar with spaghetti

My Colourful Rig:
ESP M-ii Deluxe
ENGL E570
Mesa/Boogie Simul 295 Stereo
Framus FR212 v30
yes, i've checked to see if cables were working, i adjusted all the volumes starting at 0 going up to 10, without getting any sound. i also tried plugging into the effects loop in the back, the return jack, to bypass the pre amp unit, and that still didnt solve anything
Honestly sounds like some bad PRE tubes to me. Turn the amp on and tap them with a pencil eraser. If you hear any noise, they have gone microphonic. Also, check your speaker connection to the amp though but honestly I would bet it's pre tubes. Sounds like the same symptoms my amps display.
Winner of the 2011 Virginia Guitar Festival

Protools HD
Lynx Aurora 16/HD192
Mojave, Sennheiser, AKG, EV etc mics
Focusrite ISA828 pres
Waves Mercury
Random Rack Gear

65 Deluxe Reverb
PRS CE 22
American Standard Strat
Taylor 712
i went through all the preamp tubes, and i didnt get a signal from any of em. speaker connection seems fine, i'm still just puzzled about the standby switch incident, and why i only get sound if it's on.
Quote by Rabid Chipmunk
i went through all the preamp tubes, and i didnt get a signal from any of em. speaker connection seems fine, i'm still just puzzled about the standby switch incident, and why i only get sound if it's on.

What do you mean you didn't get a signal? Swap your first and second preamp tube and tell me if that changes anything. As for the standby, that "idles" the amp. It keeps the tubes hot but doesn't actually allow the actual power and preamp sections of the amp to be powered, hence no sound.
Winner of the 2011 Virginia Guitar Festival

Protools HD
Lynx Aurora 16/HD192
Mojave, Sennheiser, AKG, EV etc mics
Focusrite ISA828 pres
Waves Mercury
Random Rack Gear

65 Deluxe Reverb
PRS CE 22
American Standard Strat
Taylor 712
signal as in sound from the speaker when they were tapped. but i'll go ahead and switch them to see if that does the trick
and when it's not broken, take it to the tech
Quote by RetroGunslinger
using nines for drop C# is like stringing the guitar with spaghetti

My Colourful Rig:
ESP M-ii Deluxe
ENGL E570
Mesa/Boogie Simul 295 Stereo
Framus FR212 v30
Tubes glowing blue is fine and normal for many brands. Tubes glowing bright red is very bad.

I can't remember if you can or not on those amps, but did you bias the new power tubes when you put them in?
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com