Okay, I have a Digitech RP155, and I usually use it by plugging it into the wall, then the guitar, and then putting in headphones to hear the built-in amplifiers and all, but I've always had a problem getting a good distortion setting. Does anyone have any setting suggestions for a really good-sounding distortion I could use?
Originally Posted by Azbats63
I'm the only white guy in a band in El Paso. My bandmates call me El Diablo Blanco. They tell me it means "trusted friend."
My RP500 always sounds shit through headphoens
But it sounds quite nice through an amp/when recording.

http://soundcloud.com/arghyadeepmitra/enter-sandman-with-slightly

Heres an example. Boosted recto model.
THeres a slight slapback delay effect in some parts courtesy slopyp double tracking.
SOlos shit btw.
Last edited by GS LEAD 5 at May 21, 2011,
Mine sounds exactly the same, that's why I'm looking for good distortion settings.
I'm the only white guy in a band in El Paso. My bandmates call me El Diablo Blanco. They tell me it means "trusted friend."
Quote by j-falafel
Mine sounds exactly the same, that's why I'm looking for good distortion settings.

Get used to it. I got to that clip after months of tweaking. If it sounds similar, youre pretty much at the limit. Get a new amp/VST/pedal.

Try Amplitube 3 using your 155 as an interface. Sounds pretty good IMO.

Quote by fly135
Clip sounds pretty good GS.

Thanks man
Last edited by GS LEAD 5 at May 21, 2011,
do you still know what the settings for all the different effects are that you used?
Quote by j-falafel
do you still know what the settings for all the different effects are that you used?

Model- Mesa Dual Recto, through 412 Recto Cab
Settings-

Boost- TS808, Tone 50, Gain 0, Level 99
Amp- Gain 70, Bass 5.5, Mids7.6, Treble, 6.6
Wah- Dunlop Crybaby.
thank you, I'll try this out