So.
I have cheap Fender Frontman 15G amp. 15W i guess.
Here is a deal.
It is nice amp for some blues or punk. It sound quite nice when volume is very low. But since i play metal and metal should be played loud , i want to play stuff on higher volume, specialy when using palm mute, when i play palm mute there is to much bass and not enough of quality distortion. So, sound of my amp isnt very metal.

Today i have first time tryied to plug in headphones (in amp). Maan... Sound was like 3x better then playing from amp.

Here is a question.

If i buy better amp (around 200eur, now i have 90eur expencive amp) will sound be better than on fender 15G and could be played in higer volume.

Some recomendations
I have been looking Fender Mustang 2 Amplifier ? You think its good for metal ?

by the way, i have ordered behringer um300 effect pedal, can this pedal make Fender Frontman 15G sound more metal, or did i make mistake by buying it ?

Uh, my guitar is ibanez gio, if you were wondering.

Tnx for help, hope i get one

cya
It'll definately sound better with a new amp. I can't really recommend anything in the price range, but a better amp will make your sound better.
I recommend a Peavey Vypyr amp. You can get one of the 30 watts for 200 or maybe a 75 used.

Excellent amp. Used to have one(I upgraded to a 6505+ half stack).

Anyway, it has a bunch of metal amps that sound pretty terrific for being modeled, as well as a bunch of good clean amps. I highly recommend it.
Your amp makes an enormous difference to your sound, and as far as buying pedals and stuff goes...well, you can get better sounds out of the Frontman but it'll never be great, it's ok clean and it'll make your guitar louder than being unplugged but that's the best you can hope for.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
you are serious right?

of course it f'kin does!
Belief is a beautiful armour but makes for the heaviest sword.
In that price range, I suggest a Peavey Vypyr. Better than the Mustangs for metal- those are geared mroe to lower gain genres.

Now, be a bit more specific.
What types of metal do you play?
Budget?
Location?
New or used?
Your guitar probly doesnt sound that great because your guitar and amp both suck
PRS Standard 22, Trans Blue
PRS Custom 24, Eriza Verde Green
Martin DC16 GTE Acoustic/Electric
Segovia Acoustic/Electric
Marshall JCM 900 Dual Reverb
Fender Princeton Chorus 212
I play thrash and groove metal, lets say pantera, metallica, megadeth type of sound.
Up to 200 Eur
Slovenia
New or used it doesent matter
I don't think this is serious, and how are those three groove metal?

But yea get a better amp like a peavey vypyr
One of the third friendliest users
Stratkat's pet

Quote by Momentosis
Void is a wanker that's why

It was my first amp. Really good clean sound for its price, but the distortion was terrible. If you want to upgrade I recommend a Roland Cube: versatile, loud, nice distortion and tons of effects. You won't need a pedalboard.
Last edited by Poglia at May 21, 2011,
I own the mustang iii. That can do almost anything. The mustang ii isn't that good for metal but is the meat bet for rock and is waaaay better than others for britrock.

And I eil repeat what has been mentioned a million times on UG

Good guitar+ bad amp= bad sound
Bad guitar+ good amp= good sound
Quote by 6metalo6maniak6
I play thrash and groove metal, lets say pantera, metallica, megadeth type of sound.
Up to 200 Eur
Slovenia
New or used it doesent matter

Can you tell us what you have available where you are, within your budget?
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.

A Vyper should do the job ok until you can afford to buy a real amp.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Absolutely not. Amps are one of those things where it's actually irresponsible to go for the higher cost equipment. They're all the same, it's just the sales pitch you get that tricks you into blowing money you don't need to. What you need to do is put all the money you can into a nice beefy guitar, and downtune it to at least drop A. That's where you get your metal tone from.

I recommend a James Hetfield or Kirk Hammet signature ESP with a Roland Cube amp.
Don't ever respect conventional thought without reason.
Quote by eifersucht12a
Absolutely not. Amps are one of those things where it's actually irresponsible to go for the higher cost equipment. They're all the same, it's just the sales pitch you get that tricks you into blowing money you don't need to. What you need to do is put all the money you can into a nice beefy guitar, and downtune it to at least drop A. That's where you get your metal tone from.

That's just mean. What if he actually believed you and condemned himself to a life of torture at the hands of an MG, Spider or Valvestate?
Go say 10 Hail Marys, 5 Our Fathers and sacrifice a goat.

Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Quote by eifersucht12a

I recommend a James Hetfield or Kirk Hammet signature ESP with a Roland Cube amp.

So vox amlug straight to the pa right?
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
The only amps Behringer (or the parent company at least) make that are decent are Bugeras - as long as you own a fire extinguisher.
Keep looking.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Quote by gregs1020
So vox amlug straight to the pa right?

Ummm, yeah, that's the way to do it.

Well 6m6m6, personally I think you could spend $100.00 and get better sound than that Frontman amp. But that's just my opinion. So yes, I would say if you double your budget from "90 to 200" you can definitely improve sound quality. For that budget I'd look for a used tube amp if at all possible. If I couldn't find one, I'd look into any SS modeling amp that has better sound than the Frontman. My personal feeling is most amps outperform the Frontman series (most, not all) for the same cost. It's an OK practice amp for the bedroom, but if you want more, you're going to have to spend a bit more. My best recommendation is to keep saving a bit and get a decent amp. An amp does more for sound quality than most any other piece of gear you will ever own. Don't be cheap....

Edited to add, what Cathbard said is about the best advice if your budget is lower, the Vypyr is a great modeling amp. If it's available where you are, look into getting one.
Last edited by IbanezBossShred at May 22, 2011,
Quote by FireFromTheVoid
I don't think this is serious, and how are those three groove metal?

But yea get a better amp like a peavey vypyr

Can you read? Pantera were pretty grove metal sounding to me. And yes metallica and Megadeth are in fact thrash believe it or not.
Gear
Bugera 6262 Head
Harley Benton G212 Vintage
Ibanez RGA 121 Prestige
ESP LTD DJ600
Fender USA Stratecaster
Maxon O808
TC Electronic Flashback Delay
ISP Decimator
MXR 10 Band EQ
Boss T-U3 Tuner Pedal