i've seen in many threads that people use cheap guitar without any additional instruments but are able to make a full original high quality songs.
first of all, how do they get to create all of the other parts?(drums, electronics and shit..)
how do they get good recording quality?(could you specify a usual good quality guitar signal traffic?(programs,sound cards,cables and anything in between)

my best quality recording so far is guitar->effect->computer mic jack->guitar rig 4 without any effects.
guitar->effect->Audio interface->guitar rig 4
but if you want the best sound possible
guitar->effect->amp -> mic -> tape -> Audio interface ->guitar rig 4
Quote by truiteleague
but if you want the best sound possible
guitar->effect->amp -> mic -> tape -> Audio interface ->guitar rig 4

So you're saying I can get the sound of a Marshall full stack and sound like pure sex out of my 10 Watt Practice amp that way? Hmm, I'm gonna try that!

Anyways, let me be serious for a second. All the other instruments are done via Virtual Instruments. Drums are done in many ways including SSD, Addictive Drums, Superior Drummer or EZDrummer. Electronics can be a number of different synths and stuff. Surf the web, find ones you like and use them.

A lot of how the guitar sounds comes down to what effects and processors you use. For starting, typically the best is just direct in to an Audio Interface since it boosts the guitar signal loud enough without risk of damaging your mic in port on your PC. After recording the guitar and using your favorite amp sim (like Guitar Rig 4), adding effects like EQ, Compression, side reverb & delay and such will give it that full sound. It all comes down to what you think sounds best.

Then again, you can mic your amp, run it into a tape recorder, out to your audio interface and into Guitar Rig 4 but that makes absolutely no since since why would you simulate the sound of a guitar being amped from the signal from a guitar already being amped? Also, thats just a waste of money
Derpy Derp Derp Herp Derp
can we NOT make this an analogue vs. digital argument?

CT
Could I get some more talent in the monitors, please?

I know it sounds crazy, but try to learn to inhale your voice. www.thebelcantotechnique.com

Chris is the king of relating music things to other objects in real life.
so you're saying that by adding proper sound card(and not my build in mother board sound card) and sticking to the same configuration, with my sg-400 and boss me-25 i should get good quality sound?
Unfortunately, no.

Let me use an analogy.

"How do I get my guitar playing to sound great?"

Well, you first become a great player, and use great gear to get great tone. You can't expect to get a decent starter guitar and amp like a Fender Squier with a little 10W Line6 something-or-other, play for 6 weeks and expect to sound great, right? That's pretty obvious, isn't it?

To make great recordings, everyone wants to take a short cut. They want to get a Toneport or FastTrack and an SM57 and start releasing albums.

Even if you start with great gear... let's say you go out and get your Les Paul and a Mesa Boogie or whatever. You're still not going to sound any better than a Chimpanzee shrieking at the sight of a tiger in the jungle after six weeks of playing. We intuitively know this.

Just like it takes time and practice as the most important ingredient to being a great guitar player, it takes time and practice as the most important ingredient to making great recordings. Sure, gear helps, and at some point becomes pretty much necessary, but it takes time an practice above all.

Experiment, research, read, record, lather, rinse, repeat. Do this for a few years and, even with pretty basic gear, you'll make decent recordings.

CT
Could I get some more talent in the monitors, please?

I know it sounds crazy, but try to learn to inhale your voice. www.thebelcantotechnique.com

Chris is the king of relating music things to other objects in real life.
one more question,i've seen that on the original records forum pretty much everyone records very good pieces in high quality, would it be safe to say that all of them are advanced players who started a long time ago?(5+)
as axemanchris said - PRACTICE.
Now running an Eleven Rack with Pro Tools 10.3.3 - it's amazing and I'm having ball with it - worth every penny. PT 10 is tops IMO and the Eleven Rack is a work of art!
Quote by axemanchris
To make great recordings, everyone wants to take a short cut. They want to get a Toneport or FastTrack and an SM57 and start releasing albums.

Hey now, that's not entirely true. I have an SM58.

Quote by dany_100
one more question,i've seen that on the original records forum pretty much everyone records very good pieces in high quality, would it be safe to say that all of them are advanced players who started a long time ago?(5+)

"Advanced" is relative, and it has nothing to do with how long you've been playing. I've been playing for about four years, but I don't practice every day and sometimes go for a month without picking up my instrument. As a result, kids who've been playing for half the time can smoke me silly.