I want to buy a guitar that will be tuned the same as a bass guitar on the top four strings. I want to play it like a guitar for djent like sounds.

I really am only getting it to mess around so my budget limits are 200 dollars.

I am thinking either of these:
http://www.rondomusic.com/hadron627na.html
http://www.rondomusic.com/product4208.html

They are basically the same guitar from what I can tell both baritone though one is a 7 string. Any advantages of going to the 7? I've never played a 7 before, and I wouldn't really need the extra high string since both would be the same tuning on the low 6 strings.

Would both be able to handle the extreme string tension equally well?

Any thoughts?

Washburn X50PRO FE (GuitarHeads active bridge pickup)
Dean Vendetta XM
Jet City JCA20H head, w Eminence Texas Heat 12"
Danelectro Transparent Overdrive
Ibanez TS7
DigiTech RP-255
Behringer VD1 (Big Muff PI clone)
This is a forum about guitars, not plumbing..

and why the hell would you buy a 7 string and not play all 7 strings?

anyone with a budget of $200 should buy used, really. Long scale lengths on cheap guitars only compound problems and I would stay away from cheap Floyds. But for $200 lots of guys here seem to like that brand.
Last edited by BobDetroit at May 21, 2011,
First of all the extra string isnt really a high string the way I look at it you get an extra b string above the low E which is awesome for doubling bass lines or just for the extra crunch when you need it, ive got a 6 and a 7 and I highly recommend having at least 1 7 string if only for an extra tool for writing songs.
Ibanez RG7321
Jackson Randy Rhoads V with Floyd Rose
Peavey Valveking 112
Digitech RP70 Guitar Processor
If I purchased the 7 string guitar I would certainly use ALL 7 strings. I was trying to say that I would tune either guitar's LOWEST 6 strings the same, with the 7 having an extra high string.

Is it really difficult to get used to 7 strings over 6?

Washburn X50PRO FE (GuitarHeads active bridge pickup)
Dean Vendetta XM
Jet City JCA20H head, w Eminence Texas Heat 12"
Danelectro Transparent Overdrive
Ibanez TS7
DigiTech RP-255
Behringer VD1 (Big Muff PI clone)