See that penciled out thing on the left side? (facing it) That's that I wanted to do, but I'm kinda.....uneasy about jacking with the wood itself..... Tell me if y'all think it looks good, and any advice on cutting it out would be much apreciated, thanks guys.

We have a rule about thread titles in the GB&C that says:
We, the mods of GB&C, hearby proclaim that all threads must be appropriately titled. This means that all titles shall contain information pertinant to the topic of the thread. Threads titled things such as "HELP!" or "Cool Idea" or "AHHhhhhh!" are henceforth banned. Any user who submits a thread that is impropperly titled will at a mimimum have their thread closed. Warnings and bannings for breaking this rule shall be at the discression of the moderator who deals with that particular thread.

Since you're new, I'll let this one slide, but come up with better thread titles in the future.
@zakkwyldefan79 lol ok dude, didn't think it was a big deal.

and just go to my profile, its in my profile picture. I can't figure out how to make the stupid picture thing work........
Quote by LZRocker
@zakkwyldefan79 lol ok dude, didn't think it was a big deal.

and just go to my profile, its in my profile picture. I can't figure out how to make the stupid picture thing work........

Talk to the mods with more respect or your account will be raped by them.

Now that that's said, people need to learn how to right click and hit view image in new tab.

If you want to cut that I'd recommend using a router and only doing it at most .5 cm deep, sanding it smooth, taping off most of the area around it, then making it a matte/satin light black (maybe a really dark gray).
@WisTheKiller hmm.....maybe you've got a point, lol. Sorry Zakky if you're offended, don't rape me please.

But awesome, I can use a router, but didn't think about the tape...... This may sound wacky but what about inlaying some ebony.....? I mean they like inlay it on necks, and my basic stuff on my guitar is black so, why not? Can somebody like send me a link to where you can but a sheet of ebony? (If that's even possible)
Quote by LZRocker
@WisTheKiller hmm.....maybe you've got a point, lol. Sorry Zakky if you're offended, don't rape me please.

But awesome, I can use a router, but didn't think about the tape...... This may sound wacky but what about inlaying some ebony.....? I mean they like inlay it on necks, and my basic stuff on my guitar is black so, why not? Can somebody like send me a link to where you can but a sheet of ebony? (If that's even possible)

Stewmac.com has ebony fingerboards that you'd be able to cut down to the correct size (obviously you'd want the unslotted one).

If you want to be cheaper, test this out on some other wood first, but many companies use leather shoe polish (black) to dye ebony darker. You could route, sand, tape, and put of it in there to dye it darker while maintaining the original grain. Inlaying is hard anyways.
so you're saying just get the finish off and put some shoe polish on the wood itself? Not actually putting any wood or anything in there?
Quote by LZRocker
so you're saying just get the finish off and put some shoe polish on the wood itself? Not actually putting any wood or anything in there?

That would be the cheapest and probably easiest way, BUT you still have to be extremely careful. The shoe polish idea may sound weird but it's actually what Stewmac sells. Rebranded shoe polish. Routing it would just make it look better before you put on the polish. Inlaying is not a bad idea and would look the best but I'd recommend doing the shoe polish first cause you can always inlay later.
Yeah, that totally makes sense....... and that's probably what I'll do, but just exactly how hard is it inlay? And how do you make it stick on anyways?
Quote by LZRocker
Yeah, that totally makes sense....... and that's probably what I'll do, but just exactly how hard is it inlay? And how do you make it stick on anyways?

To inlay it's recommended you get it at least close as possible to the exact size of the hole, and (although I'm not sure of this 100%) smear the area with tight bond or some other type of glue, lay it in, sand away excess once dried, then sand away whatever is sticking out until it's perfect.
That doesn't seem too hard with the right tools... I'd want to cut the ebony first, and then trace it on the guitar, right?
Quote by LZRocker

I won't rape you this time, but I can't make any promises about next time. So you might wanna stay out of trouble, just to be safe.

If you can think of a better title for this thread, I'll change it for you. Just let me know what you want it to be.

Welcome to UG.
Whoa whoa whoa wait, one more thing. Would maple still stand out on a ash body? I think maple and ebony would look cool, probably not in that exact design, but something.
yes, it would. Maple is a tad more blonde" comapred to ash, and has a different grain.
Just call me Julius, J, etc.
Taking an Internet break for a while, will come on when I can.