ok so title says it all really, i need a portable and versatile amp to go against my head and 4x12. btw head is a peavey 6534+, not very versatile imo.

options are:
mesa mark V head with a 1x12 closed back cab
mesa mark V combo
mesa roadster 1x12 combo
mesa rectoverb 1x12 combo

or

axefx + mesa 50:50 power amp in a 4 space rack unit with a 1x12 combo.

EDIT: 1 question about the power amp. when using a single channel, is it 1 50w channel or 1 100w channel? the mesa website doesnt say

price doesnt matter too much, but the lower the better. it has to be able to do metal but it cant be a metal centered amp like a 6505 and it has to be easy to move around.
Last edited by Seanthesheep at May 21, 2011,
if you got any of those I can't imagine you'd have much use for the 6534 afterwards.
Prs se Holcomb is the answer
The most portable would be the mark v and 1x12 or even a 2x12 imo.
The combos are pretty heavy and bulky.
I have a rov head and 2x12 its pretty simple to transport, I easily can fit both the 2x12 and head in my wifes ford focus lol Ive had to do it before
My gear-
Schecter C-1 Classic
Mesa Boogie 2 Ch. Dual Rectifier(blackface)
And some pedals

For sale Minty Ibanez RGA7 seven string with tour grade hsc $330+s/h or best offer!
PM me if interested

R.I.P Ashley S. Jean
Last edited by slipknot_420 at May 21, 2011,
i mean portable as in i can walk it places, like guitar on my back, and amp in hand kind of thing

and i love my 6534 to bits, its just too loud or bulky sometimes for me to bring it to band rehersals or smaller gigs
Quote by Seanthesheep
i mean portable as in i can walk it places, like guitar on my back, and amp in hand kind of thing

and i love my 6534 to bits, its just too loud or bulky sometimes for me to bring it to band rehersals or smaller gigs

None of these would be easily carried by one person.
Invest in a van or build or buy a decent wagon.
The mark v head is close to 50 pounds and the rov head is like 35-40.
The combos are pushing around 80-85 I think, the mkv combo is 65 pounds.
Also all the amps you listed would kill your 6534 imo.
http://www.mesaboogie.com/Product_Info/weights-dims/weightsNdims.pdf
My gear-
Schecter C-1 Classic
Mesa Boogie 2 Ch. Dual Rectifier(blackface)
And some pedals

For sale Minty Ibanez RGA7 seven string with tour grade hsc $330+s/h or best offer!
PM me if interested

R.I.P Ashley S. Jean
Last edited by slipknot_420 at May 21, 2011,