Page 1 of 3
So recently I have started to listen to a lot more metal, really getting into Slayer and Anthrax, but for most of their songs, there is ALWAYS an impossible solo (for me) or something which I am not at the level at. For example, Expendable Youth by Slayer, solo intro and solo are too advanced.

So my question is, are there any hard rock/metal songs which are good songs, fun to play and some lead part that isn't too difficult?

Thanks
Fender Custom Shop Designed 50's Classic Player Strat
Orange Micro Terror
Quote by fearofthemark

This.

Gunslinger by Avenged Sevenfold is also easy. Solo sounds good to people with no guitar skills too.
We are the diamonds that choose to stay coal;
A generation born to witness
The end of the world

inb4 I cum blood
Quote by Pagan_Poetry
I love how his last name is Hunt
It's like he was destined to be a shady sexual creep
Quote by laid-to-waste
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7nY-XDF_Ask

no, really:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3an8jdsVM3s

no, really:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=18dBU55S6P0

also, first poster is right. anything by a7x is fun to play.

Quote by guitarxo
I had a dream about your avatar once, so yes of course.

Quote by Bladez22

every time i see that twirling electrode avatar of yours I know that the post is worth reading or the link is worth clicking

For Whom the Bell Tolls by Metallica is really easy.

Quote by Pat_s1t
I remember Das_Skittles made me rage hard.

Quote by WCPhils
I can't stand Das_Skittles everything he says makes me mad.

Quote by due 07
Skittles is the shit you cuntles. Slob on his knob.

My Band Youtube Channel Last.fm
Quote by metalh3ad88
Vicarious by Tool is fairly easy.

what the hell man

i broke my nose playing that song
Click here to hear my BOB DYLAN (Blowing in the Wind) out right now May 2k17
Quote by bass-boy-garith
TS said he wanted metal.

Quote by guitarxo

Quote by Bladez22

every time i see that twirling electrode avatar of yours I know that the post is worth reading or the link is worth clicking

Quote by metalh3ad88
Go on...?

i was playing the song, and i kept screaming because of how hard it is, so my brother walked in and broke my nose.
Quote by bass-boy-garith
I don't understand your response. TS wanted metal, you posted core, I reminded you that what you posted isn't metal, I.E. not what TS wants...

I'm not gonna go into another argument over A7X today. Metalcore is a subgenre of metal.
Quote by guitarxo

Quote by Bladez22

Quote by bass-boy-garith
I don't understand your response. TS wanted metal, you posted core, I reminded you that what you posted isn't metal, I.E. not what TS wants...

How do you know? Maybe he wants anything that falls under the giant umbrella of metal.
Quote by laid-to-waste
i was playing the song, and i kept screaming because of how hard it is, so my brother walked in and broke my nose.

I just watched a cover of it and I didn't see anything that was very difficult.

which part were you talking about?
Quote by guitarxo

Quote by Bladez22

Quote by fearofthemark
I'm not gonna go into another argument over A7X today. Metalcore is a subgenre of metal.

This
Originally Posted by strat0blaster
No matter what you like, you will like Meshuggah.

FREE GUITAR STRINGS!
Quote by laid-to-waste

Brutal man.

It's really not very difficult, though. The time signatures are the hardest part.
Last edited by metalh3ad88 at May 21, 2011,
Quote by fearofthemark

Silly people trolling A7X.
Relax bro, Don't be so childish.

Iron Maiden ain't too bad. Run to the hills, Aces High, Number of the Beast.
On playing the Paul Gilbert signature at the guitar store extensively, my missus sighed:
"Put it down now, It's like you love that guitar more than me!"
In Which I replied.
"Well it has got two F-Holes!"
Quote by bass-boy-garith
No, no... I'm quit certain that core isn't metal in any way other than the fact that the labels making money off of it put metal in the name. I'm pretty sure, **** that, I KNOW that core is as metal as Africa is an economical powerhouse. Wherever you got your misconception is beyond me, but your sources are most definitely wrong, old sport.

http://articles.cnn.com/2010-09-17/world/nigeria.country.profile_1_abuja-half-nigeria-lagos-state?_s=PM:WORLD
Quote by guitarxo

Quote by Bladez22

You could try some Load/Reload era Metallica, ain't too complicated.
I love Prog, +1 for synth solos and songs about maggie thatcher.

Gear:

Geddy Lee Jazz (Black )
Fender Rumble 100 (It lights up )
MXR Auto-Wah (Purple... )
Boss Bass Overdrive (I can almsot sound like Chris Wolstenholme )
Quote by Nirvanafanjonny
So recently I have started to listen to a lot more metal, really getting into Slayer and Anthrax, but for most of their songs, there is ALWAYS an impossible solo (for me) or something which I am not at the level at. For example, Expendable Youth by Slayer, solo intro and solo are too advanced.

So my question is, are there any hard rock/metal songs which are good songs, fun to play and some lead part that isn't too difficult?

Thanks

Anything really by System of a Down or Seek and Destroy by Metallica with the exception of the guitar solo because it might be slightly difficult but not too difficult.
Quote by bass-boy-garith
That doesn't prove me wrong, in fact, it doesn't really prove anything. Not even really relevant to what I said. I guess it does show that you don't really have anything to make an argument on though, which is comforting to me. Reassurance is always nice.

I wonder if you have friends.
Quote by guitarxo

Quote by Bladez22

Quote by fearofthemark
I just watched a cover of it and I didn't see anything that was very difficult.

which part were you talking about?

i was trying to get the intro down. that 34 second mind-**** of an intro. i don't half ass songs, and i wanted to get it note for note. i'm doubting the guitarist for tool even read that off a tab he made, rather just made it up.

then, four hours later, i realized there's actually two guitars playing it.
Quote by laid-to-waste
i was trying to get the intro down. that 34 second mind-**** of an intro. i don't half ass songs, and i wanted to get it note for note. i'm doubting the guitarist for tool even read that off a tab he made, rather just made it up.

Nah man, he's just using a delay pedal haha.

Play it in 5/4 with a delay pedal and you've got it down.
Quote by McLuvins92
Anything really by System of a Down or Seek and Destroy by Metallica with the exception of the guitar solo because it might be slightly difficult but not too difficult.

by this logic, why couldn't you just say every song with a hard solo and say 'oh ye jajajeheheh solo'z hard bro don'\t try that shit it hirts man'

hey, try bleed - meshuggah without the entire song.

Quote by metalh3ad88
Nah man, he's just using a delay pedal haha.

Play it in 5/4 with a delay pedal and you've got it down.

...this is why i should start reading tabs again
Quote by bass-boy-garith
Personal attack: the last defense of someone that has nothing.

shut up you faggot
battery by Metallica. The solo might be a little tough, but I can play it and I don't consider myself very advanced. I don't know your playing level though.
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
Quote by laid-to-waste

that makes sense

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XB3R0SWiWuc

^that's the cover I saw.
Quote by guitarxo

Quote by Bladez22

Metalcore is a subgenre of heavy metal containing elements heavy metal and hardcore, therefore making Avenge Sevenfold a metal band. Just because you hate Avenge Sevenfold, that doesn't mean you can go on an factless rant to get your point across. Be prepared and do your homework before you come to the debate and claim to know everything then shoot down evidence that proves you wrong.
Quote by bass-boy-garith

Relax big guy, I'm just trollen. Seriously though, the band sucks.

takes one to know one.

meaning you're not one.

by this logic, why couldn't you just say every song with a hard solo and say 'oh ye jajajeheheh solo'z hard bro don'\t try that shit it hirts man'

He said wants songs that are fun to play along with and the lead is too hard. As he also said he has been listening to Slayer and Anthrax songs with really hard guitar solos which he does not want so I was telling him what he wants to hear and not complaining about how hard a song was for me like your were doinf.
Quote by bass-boy-garith
No, no... I'm quit certain that core isn't metal in any way other than the fact that the labels making money off of it put metal in the name. I'm pretty sure

I'm not a fan of Metalcore or Avenged Sevenfold but you comment is...........odd.

Avenged Sevenfold are not Metalcore, from what i've heard they do not rape the lowest note on their guitars for every song and they don't fall into the generic structure that Metalcore does.

Metalcore is a subgenre of Metal, it's just obvious.....i mean, what else does it sound like?

On topic, an easy metal song is Black Sabbath - Sweet Leaf
Quote by laid-to-waste

He said wants songs that are fun to play along with and the lead is too hard. As he also said he has been listening to Slayer and Anthrax songs with really hard guitar solos which he does not want so I was telling him what he wants to hear and not complaining about how hard a song was for me like your were doinf.

yes, implying that he actually wants to play the entire lead of the song instead of jamming to the background, which is boring.
Quote by McLuvins92

yes, implying that he actually wants to play the entire lead of the song instead of jamming to the background, which is boring.

No shit. And I was giving some of my opinions that does not require any of your input because he was asking, not you.
Page 1 of 3