Poll: Anyone see those lights?
Poll Options
View poll results: Anyone see those lights?
I saw lights in Manchester!
25 35%
I didn't see lights in Manchester!
5 7%
I saw lights in my hometown!
10 14%
I didn't see lights in my hometown!
7 10%
TS is crazy and deserves to be Raptured!
25 35%
Voters: 72.
Page 1 of 2
Did anyone else see that shit in Manchester?!
Last edited by danielh123. at May 21, 2011,
i just realized, this is how all conspiracies are formed.

HOLY SHIT MAN, I JUST SAW IT TOO :/ LOOK:

Click here to hear my BOB DYLAN (Blowing in the Wind) out right now May 2k17
Why would you do that?

You just encourage the kind of idiots that perpetuate these beliefs.
Quote by BumbleBoned
Why would you do that?

You just encourage the kind of idiots that perpetuate these beliefs.

It'll be followed the next day by an article describing the exploitability of iReport. Edit your post maybe?
Oh shit, they looked like penis. Oh no the penises, penises everywhere, we must repent. Oh god, penis.

Penis. In the sky.
Gear:

Gibson 2005 Les Paul Standard
Fender Road Worn Strat w/ Noiseless pickups
Marshall JCM 2000 401C
Marshall Vintage Modern 2266
Marshall 1960A cab (Dave Hill from Slade's old cab)
Ibanez TS9DX
EHX Little Big Muff
Freshman Acoustic
Quote by ProphetToJables
Oh shit, they looked like penis. Oh no the penises, penises everywhere, we must repent. Oh god, penis.

Penis. In the sky.

PENIS!
guys, relax. that's my penis. i have a boner right now, but when it goes it'll be out of your sight again.
Quote by andyscoot
I live in Manchester and there is definately big ass lights in the sky.

and that's probably the moon.
Quote by ProphetToJables

Penis. In the sky.

Penis in the sky with diamonds...i can hear the lyrics now

"Picture yourself in a pussy in the river,
With tangerine cocks and marmalade sperm
Somebody screws you, you orgasm quite slowly,
A penis with a kaleidoscope eye."
Quote by SeveralSpecies
That's not what your mother said.

That's right. You aint the only one working with cows.

DOUBLE MOM JOKE!

i've been sure for 20 years. you, on the other hand won't let your little fucking dream go. i'm not doing this any more, andy. we're fucking over. go eat your own cheese dick
Thank god! I'm not the only one who saw it...

here's a photo I managed to take, the rest came out blurry. Fucking scary stuff, dude.
i live about 20 miles outside of manchester and saw something
now extra flamey
I think I may have saw something in the sky on the east coast (USA).... I'm south of Boston too dude! You think it's over major cities?!
Quote by ErikLensherr
Don't belittle it like that, your mom produces top quality stuff.

C4C
[thread="1339859"]Hammerhead[/thread]
[thread="1341152"]Anglerfish[/thread]

VOTE
Thrustor: 2012
a friend just said she saw a weird light over the sky earlier. came here to post about it but found this thread. wtf...
Quote by danielh123.
omg I KNEW i couldnt be the only one. i dont know so far, not much about it on google apart from a few yahoo answers

http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en&source=hp&biw=1379&bih=675&q=lights+over+manchester&aq=f&aqi=g-v1g-b1&aql=&oq=

Look, at lot of people said they saw them almost 1 year ago to this day.. Could be relevant?
Quote by Zoot Allures
http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en&source=hp&biw=1379&bih=675&q=lights+over+manchester&aq=f&aqi=g-v1g-b1&aql=&oq=

Look, at lot of people said they saw them almost 1 year ago to this day.. Could be relevant?

i didn't even think to check past years, what the **** is this?!
Quote by danielh123.
Hi, so this might not be allowed. If that's the case just let me know and I'll delete it or something.

As an amusing practical joke I've written a fake report that will be uploaded to CNN's iReport feature regarding several UFO sightings worldwide. This is partly to trick my friend and partly to point out to my employer (a news outlet) how exploitable an un-moderated user content feature is.

Here's my plan, we all pretend we saw coloured lights streaking across the sky accompanied by a fast-moving shadow and a low frequency hum. The UFO passed quickly and without trouble, just shocked us all.

When the thread is full of blurry phone images and "omgs i saw dis in my hometown too D:" comments, I'll edit this post to make it say "Did any of you in Manchester just see those lights in the sky? Shit was scary!" or something.

I then link to this thread (and others on other sites) as a source. Based on previous success with this kind of thing, I figure CNN will keep my article up and perhaps even run with it.

TL;DR - Fake alien encounter stories from Rapture day go here! 8pm local time is best, that way it'll look like the aliens are going round the world

Thanks in advance! Like I said, if this counts as a troll thread or something just let me know or delete the thread or something

Quote by danielh123.
It'll be followed the next day by an article describing the exploitability of iReport. Edit your post maybe?

just quoting you to ruin the day.

ta da!

social media is the next(/current) step in human culture.

deal with it.
Rhythm in Jump. Dancing Close to You.

Quote by element4433
Yeah. people, like Lemoninfluence, are hypocrites and should have all their opinions invalidated from here on out.
Quote by Lemoninfluence
just quoting you to ruin the day.

ta da!

social media is the next(/current) step in human culture.

deal with it.

Sorry mate, already used some selective quoting and photoshop to fabricate a successful thread.

Inaccurate media coverage is the past, present and future - deal with it!

Quote by danielh123.
Sorry mate, already used some selective quoting and photoshop to fabricate a successful thread.

I shall find this article and post the full link.

lies shall and will be exposed. Even if it means I get Julian Assange himself to streak across wembley stadium during the champions league final with a banner attached to a dildo shoved up his arse proclaiming "the UFO sightings over Manchester were faked. visit https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?p=27236884 for proof"

he may be rugby tackled and arrested, but it's not like sexual deviancy and being arrested is anything new.

for him at least.

Quote by element4433
Yeah. people, like Lemoninfluence, are hypocrites and should have all their opinions invalidated from here on out.
Quote by danielh123.

i will comment on that ****er as soon as i see it linking it to this page.

i don't want another conspiracy arising, we have enough on the internet.
People are ignoring the follow-up report the next day exposing the lie...

EDIT: It's one day of inaccurate media to expose inaccurate media
I'm such an idiot. I read the entire first post, voted, and then the post disappeared. Then I read comments and started to believe it was true
Quote by danielh123.
People are ignoring the follow-up report the next day exposing the lie...

EDIT: It's one day of inaccurate media to expose inaccurate media

one instance of intentionally accurate media to discredit (what amounts to) the same way 'traditional' journalists gather their info.

don't get pissed because the middle man is becoming redundant.

Quote by element4433
Quote by Lemoninfluence
one instance of intentionally accurate media to discredit (what amounts to) the same way 'traditional' journalists gather their info.

don't get pissed because the middle man is becoming redundant.

I'm not pissed, I couldn't care less, I'm trying to earn a living. That said, I want to break away from "traditional" journalism as you call it. I know we gather our information through questionable methods, but many don't. You can't assume the world is as intelligent as you, people take iReports for fact.
I make every report I do opinion-based, I like to make it clear it is as well. I also routinely attempt to write damning articles about reporters who "dress up" their articles, including colleagues.

I'm trying to do the right thing. If you don't agree, that's ok, but don't doubt my intentions.
Quote by danielh123.
I'm not pissed, I couldn't care less, I'm trying to earn a living. That said, I want to break away from "traditional" journalism as you call it. I know we gather our information through questionable methods, but many don't. You can't assume the world is as intelligent as you, people take iReports for fact.
I make every report I do opinion-based, I like to make it clear it is as well. I also routinely attempt to write damning articles about reporters who "dress up" their articles, including colleagues.

I'm trying to do the right thing. If you don't agree, that's ok, but don't doubt my intentions.

but you do.

that's the point.

Quote by element4433
Quote by Lemoninfluence
but you do.

that's the point.

In what way? All my reports are based firmly in fact. This example will be exactly that- an example. It will highlight the problem by giving a blow-by-blow of how easy it is to grab a headline with a fictional story.

I fail to see how reminding people to keep an air of skepticism when reading reports is a bad thing.

EDIT: just to be clear on the issue, although it's merely a misunderstanding - i meant "many don't understand that we use questionable methods" rather than "many dont use questionable methods"
Page 1 of 2