I am wondering if it would be possible to run a small tube amp in to a larger solid state amp?

Thanks
Gear:
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Fender Telecaster
Epiphone Dot
Fender Blues Jr
VOX AC4
Ibanez TS-9
Boss PH-2
Preamp out into power amp in?

edit: amps would probably need 'slave' input/outputs
Alvarez dreadnought
Gibson SG
EC-1000
Homemade Strat (seymour duncan classic stack p/ups)
Vox Tonelab (original desktop model) with full board footswitch
Vox AD50
I was planning on running a cable from the speaker extension on the tube amp into the input on the solid state. I essentially want to use the solid state as a speaker cab. Not sure that it will work though
Gear:
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Fender Telecaster
Epiphone Dot
Fender Blues Jr
VOX AC4
Ibanez TS-9
Boss PH-2
I can't speak from experience, so some one correct me if I'm wrong, but this should work. I've used a Fender Mini Tone Master as a head by running the headphone line out into a powered subwoofer/speaker setup and it sounded great; the basic principal is the same. Just might take some knob twiddling.
Running the speaker out from one amp into the guitar input on another is a very bad idea.

To use the SS combo as a cab, you would have to bypass the pre/power amp, and connect the speaker out directly to the speaker.
Quote by Boonnoo666
Another factor that has grown this myth is a bunch of opinionated guys who really don't know what they're talking about, which to be brutally honest is a bunch of you guys on here.
Quote by aroth897
I was planning on running a cable from the speaker extension on the tube amp into the input on the solid state. I essentially want to use the solid state as a speaker cab. Not sure that it will work though

Problem 1: You will not be matching the resistance that the 1st power amp needs

Problem 2: A signal that hot will likely just fry the front end of amp #2.
Alvarez dreadnought
Gibson SG
EC-1000
Homemade Strat (seymour duncan classic stack p/ups)
Vox Tonelab (original desktop model) with full board footswitch
Vox AD50
I'm only running a 5 watt tube amp in to it .the tube amp has the ability to hook in headphones would this option work better for transferring the signal to the solid state amp?
Gear:
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Fender Telecaster
Epiphone Dot
Fender Blues Jr
VOX AC4
Ibanez TS-9
Boss PH-2
which of your amps has a headphone out?

but yeah headphone out to input would work. it's not gonna sound great but it'll be cool to try.
Prs se Holcomb is the answer
Oddly enough both have headphone jacks. The tube amp that I'm using is a marshall class 5. I'm acquiring a old solid state amp for free so I just wanted. To see if I could use the ss amp as a speaker cab essentially.
Gear:
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Fender Telecaster
Epiphone Dot
Fender Blues Jr
VOX AC4
Ibanez TS-9
Boss PH-2
I'm not going for more volume I'm just trying to get a little more head room the class 5 only has a 10 inch speaker and the solid state amp has a much larger speaker. Also its free so I figured why not
Gear:
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Fender Telecaster
Epiphone Dot
Fender Blues Jr
VOX AC4
Ibanez TS-9
Boss PH-2
you won't get more headroom.

well i suppose you'll get the headroom of the solid state amp but you'll lose all the tubeness of the class 5.
Prs se Holcomb is the answer