Poll: Do you talk about your problems to your friends?
Poll Options
View poll results: Do you talk about your problems to your friends?
Never, It doesn't help.
26 19%
Not usually, but sometimes it feels good to get some things off your chest.
67 49%
Usually, But sometimes problems are better kept to yourself.
31 22%
All the time, it helps alot.
14 10%
Voters: 138.
Page 1 of 2
I was talking to one of my close friends, and she brought up a conversation about how I never let anyone know what mood I'm in, or if I have any problems. I explained to her that it never really helps, just makes you feel more like shit. What are your guys' opinions? Do you share problems with your friends, or keep them to yourself?
i'm pretty damn open about everything.
Quote by guitarxo
I had a dream about your avatar once, so yes of course.

Quote by Bladez22

every time i see that twirling electrode avatar of yours I know that the post is worth reading or the link is worth clicking

I have one friend who I'll talk to some problems with.

I have another who I can talk to just about anything with. We've both been through a lot together, so we know each other pretty well.
Certain times, certain people.
Quote by Joshua Garcia
my chemical romance are a bunch of homos making love to a mic and you like that cuz your a huge gay wad. You should feel pathetic for being such a gaywad you gay mcr loving gaywad olllol.
Pretty much never. I'm never comfortable opening up about anything to anybody
I'm not. The last time I told someone anything (because they asked), the person told me I was quite vain and spoiled. So I tell no one anything ever again.
The content of this signature is pretty much irrelevant
I don't have any friends, so no.
Quote by Ville Valo
Hurting Linde is like hurting Bambi. You just can't do it.

You should click on those, I think.

I like My Little Pony. Come at me, bro.
I pretty much keep to myself on my personal problems, because (not trying to sound emo here,) nobody really cares.
Just to some people, very irregularly. When I do, it's because they open up before me. Otherwise it never helps.
i'm an emotionless robot. everyone around me knows that. i'm NOT, but i dont ever show anything or talk to anyone. as much as i TRY i cant open up
My sig? Nice.
Quote by SlayingDragons
I pretty much keep to myself on my personal problems, because (not trying to sound emo here,) nobody really cares.

+1
“being in a room and sitting there with a ghost, hearing their voice in your head and seeing them as clearly as I'm seeing you right now.”
How can you consider them friends if you're too chicken shit to tell them stuff
R.I.P. M.C.A.
Tweet at me bro
lushacrous loves you
Quote by blake1221
Don't be ludicrous, lushacrous.
Quote by Gunpowder
that joke regarding your username was NOT originally posted by blake1221. That was a Gunpowder original.

I INVOKE SOPA TO SMITE YE FOR THIS FALSEHOOD.
Yes I am. Or well quite. One friend I share everything. Too bad he's just as dysfunctional as myself. Or maybe that's good. Most of my friends know what's wrong me.
sometimes I see us in a cymbal splash or in the sound of a car crash
Last edited by JohnnyGenzale at May 21, 2011,
I'll talk to anyone who asks. You never know when someone could have experience with the problem you have and give you great advice.
Quote by YesterdaysToday
I was talking to one of my close friends, and she brought up a conversation about how I never let anyone know what mood I'm in, or if I have any problems. I explained to her that it never really helps, just makes you feel more like shit. What are your guys' opinions? Do you share problems with your friends, or keep them to yourself?

This is my exact logic. A problem shared is not a problem halved, its a problem brought back to the front of your mind for you to feel shitty about again. I just bottle stuff up and forget about them, for the most part.
I do enjoy a good rant if something has pissed me off rather than upset me though.
Feels good man.
Quote by ShadesOfNight
This is my exact logic. A problem shared is not a problem halved, its a problem brought back to the front of your mind for you to feel shitty about again. I just bottle stuff up and forget about them, for the most part.
I do enjoy a good rant if something has pissed me off rather than upset me though.
Feels good man.

If you can forget about the problems they aren't really problems then are they? It's more like made-up problems you have that you then deny and then they are gone.
Hardly ever. I don't want my friends knowing how screwed up I am.
Quote by CodChick
Hardly ever. I don't want my friends knowing how screwed up I am.

Why not? If they are your friends they will try to help you/understand.

A friend won't abondon you because of your mental state, at least those friends I have. I assume my friends are amazing to put up with me. Might be because I hang with friends who are mentally unstable themselves.
Not really because most of my friends are idiots and can't have a half intellectual conversation.
Quote by Snuffles
You are an absolute god, offspring_punk

Quote by drop-dead666
You're a retard, read Scourges posts. There is already a system folder, why do I need a system32.
Quote by JohnnyGenzale
If you can forget about the problems they aren't really problems then are they? It's more like made-up problems you have that you then deny and then they are gone.

This.

If you want to actually solve your problem, but don't know how, then you ask someone else. At least then, there's a possibility of it being solved, but letting it continue on without help keeps the chances at zero.
Quote by Våd Hamster
No problems here officer.

Keepin' it cool.
I have a few friends who mutually share with me. And I open up to them. I think it's better. You're not suppose to bottle this stuff up, bad for you. Also, we can share experiences and if one of us has had a similar problem we can help the other.

You don't need to open up to ALL of your friends, just the few select ones who won't beat you up for "being a girl" and will listen.
TOMAHAWK!

"Now I think I understand how this world can overcome a man..."

R.I.P.
James THE REV Sullivan
Quote by JohnnyGenzale

Don't be a penis. It's just called apathy. If I can't fix it, and its clear my close friends (which I don't have loads of) won't be able to, then there's no point worrying about it. I don't want to die, I worry about it sometimes...but its inevitable and unchangeable so I just leave it. Bad analogy I'm too tired to explain myself.
Quote by ShadesOfNight
Don't be a penis. It's just called apathy. If I can't fix it, and its clear my close friends (which I don't have loads of) won't be able to, then there's no point worrying about it. I don't want to die, I worry about it sometimes...but its inevitable and unchangeable so I just leave it. Bad analogy I'm too tired to explain myself.

You should be lucky you can just deny your problems that easily and forget about them. You have either a very strong mind or rather soft problems compared to me.

And don't call me a penis. I'm not a penis.
My pants are always open TS.
The DNA results show that Jeremy Kyle is a nob.

Quote by titsmcgee852
I want to look at your sexual naked body.
Depends on the friend. There are friends who I open up to. There are others I'll open up anything to while others not so much. But there is one friend I have that I'll open up to whenever anything is bothering me.
If Rock is a life-style, then Metal's an addiction

Yelloooow!

Of The

UG Challenge

Quote by JohnnyGenzale
Why not? If they are your friends they will try to help you/understand.

A friend won't abondon you because of your mental state, at least those friends I have. I assume my friends are amazing to put up with me. Might be because I hang with friends who are mentally unstable themselves.

I know they will but they have crap of their own to put up with. They don't need my problems on top theirs. If there's something truly bothering me, I would definitely go to them. You don't know how many other people talk about their problems to them, and you don't want to be another burden, right? I know they care and they'll try to help you the best they can, but they don't need to deal with every little problem that's with your life.
Quote by CodChick
I know they will but they have crap of their own to put up with. They don't need my problems on top theirs. If there's something truly bothering me, I would definitely go to them. You don't know how many other people talk about their problems to them, and you don't want to be another burden, right? I know they care and they'll try to help you the best they can, but they don't need to deal with every little problem that's with your life.

Every little problem. Not seldom one of your problems can give insight to their problems and vice versa. I understand what you're saying however but I'm fairly certain your friends rather get you to talk about your problems to them than you holding it in and going Kensai on a school someday.

A heart is seldom too small to listen to a close friends problems.
Quote by JohnnyGenzale
You should be lucky you can just deny your problems that easily and forget about them. You have either a very strong mind or rather soft problems compared to me.

And don't call me a penis. I'm not a penis.

I know you're not a penis, man
I would never claim to have life degrading problems. I have bipolar type 1, which makes me seem worse than I am. And I guess makes me see my life worse than it is. I'm just not over emotional about things that don't need to have a fuss made about them.
Half of the kids are too busy pouring their hearts out to me that i do not have anytime to speak.
Of course I am the guy that no one seems to listen to anyways.
I have probably only spoken my feelings to a good.... six friends..
One is Five years older than me, another is three years younger, and one is one year younger than me, and one was my ex-girlfriend, and another two good buddy of mine. (I am 18)
Love you UG
Call me Sean
Quote by Nilpferdkoenig
He's just trying to protect our innocence.

Yes i am
Quote by :Vicious--

Your flirting powers are incredible.

Gear:
Schecter S1 Elite Black Cherry (Soapbar Neck, Invader Bridge)
Schecter Banshee
Orange Dual Terror
Boss CE-5
Goatkeeper
Quote by ShadesOfNight

Pretty much this as well.

Most of my friends would just make it worse, while those that I do trust would just make it uncomfortable to be around them, because then they're all like "Hey man, how's (whatever) been going for you?" And just bring it up every damned time you see them, when you really just want to be around them to forget about your problem.

And like you said, if you can't fix your own problems, then how will they help? The most help I've gotten is "that sucks man," and a conversation starter.
Quote by flanders_91
I have a few friends who mutually share with me. And I open up to them. I think it's better. You're not suppose to bottle this stuff up, bad for you. Also, we can share experiences and if one of us has had a similar problem we can help the other.

You don't need to open up to ALL of your friends, just the few select ones who won't beat you up for "being a girl" and will listen.

This.
Quote by JohnnyGenzale
Every little problem. Not seldom one of your problems can give insight to their problems and vice versa. I understand what you're saying however but I'm fairly certain your friends rather get you to talk about your problems to them than you holding it in and going Kensai on a school someday.

A heart is seldom too small to listen to a close friends problems.

Okay I see what you're getting at. I know they want to help and I can help them in return. I just don't like them being the 'dumped on person.'
I talk about my more urgent stuff with those I know can comprehend it and actually give me anything to chew on. Those I know are not on the same wave length I will not bother talk about it with.

I however am extremely uncomfortable with people that I just know slightly asking me "how's it going?" or "how do you do?". I usually lie and tell them it's fine as I just can't stand the consequences that will follow if I say what's really on my mind.

I know who I can talk to and I'm rather good at holding my thoughts at bay.

Quote by CodChick
Okay I see what you're getting at. I know they want to help and I can help them in return. I just don't like them being the 'dumped on person.'

I can only speak for myself but I know that I will never see it as a friend is "dumping problems" on me. They share it with me for a reason, they want me to know and they want to hear my opinion/thought about it. They might not expect an answer but they know they can trust me and they know I will give them an honest answer.

Me and my friends are usually very blunt to each other and we notice each other's flaws and can easily tell one another to straighten up and branch into another stream of thought.
TS, I feel the same way. The funny thing is that I am okay with opening up to a complete stranger.
"The rule of law -- it must be held high! And if it falls you pick it up and hold it even higher!" - Hercule Poirot

© Soul Power
Page 1 of 2