Hey guys I have a dilemma.

So for my fourteenth birthday my dad gave me a debit card and now I get $42 a week for cutting 3 huge lawns at the places he owns and helping him out with stuff. What does this mean? MORE MONEY FOR MUSIC!

So I am going to ask you guys....

Should I build my own guitar out of dragonfire and guitarfetish parts for around $300, then save money again and buy a Schecter Omen-8 String satin, or visa versa?

I'm thinking the omen-8, because I have only ever played 6 strings, and since I am into shredding and metal, I think the omen-8 would be nice. The homemade guitar would have a floyd rose and super hot pickups, kind of like a jackson dinky.

thoughts?
Since youve never played more than 6 I would start with a 7 imho. If you like that move up to 8. I recommend an RG7 like the one I have but schecter makes a 7 too if you are more into them.
Ibanez RG7321
Jackson Randy Rhoads V with Floyd Rose
Peavey Valveking 112
Digitech RP70 Guitar Processor
Quote by Lethal Dosage
Since youve never played more than 6 I would start with a 7 imho. If you like that move up to 8. I recommend an RG7 like the one I have but schecter makes a 7 too if you are more into them.

+1
You're not really building one from scratch, so I'd get an RG7321. It's one of the best 7 strings for people new to 7s.
I wouldn't worry at all about the jump from 6 to 8 strings. If you want an 8 go for it. As for which to get first, I dunno. But definitely see if you can try out an Omen-8 in a store or something before you buy because I think they're the cheap and not overly great Schecters (well, when compared with the Blackjacks, etc).

That said if you play it and you like it then just get it lol
. . ▄████▄ . ▄███▄
. █████████▀ . . . . . . . . . . . . ▄▄
.███▌█|█|█|█|█|█|█|█|█|█▐███▄▄
. ████████▄ . . . . . . . . . . . . . º º º º º º º
. . ▀████▀. ▀██▀
I wouldn't get the Omen to be honest.
For the same price as that Omen 8 new, you could probably get a used Hellraiser 8. Maybe a bit more but it would be well worth it dude.
Agiles are supposed to be really nice 8's too. Go to sevenstring forums and lurk the classefeids until you find something at a good price that you like. That's what I did and I got a pretty great deal on my RG7421. $215 with stock pickups and an Evo7. Its a pretty bad refinish, but a fun and worthwhile project for that price. Especially considering I sold teh evo for $60, so the guitar was more like $155
Don't listen to the people saying "go 7 before you go 8." If you already suspect you want an 8 string, go with an 8, otherwise you'll be wasting time and money on a 7 you might not like as much. If you had an extra $200 or so to spend, I would recommend Agile (I have one of their 8s, love it) but if you're only looking at spending $400, definitely go check out the sevenstring.org classifieds for a used 8. You'll get better quality for your money, and the majority of the guys on there take amazing care of their instruments, and can be trusted to not sell you a dud.
Gear:
Agile Ash RB 828
Schecter C-7 (old 90s style headstock)
Handbuilt 6-string V
Handbuilt Baritone scale 6 string Iceman-copy
Pod HD300
I can't comment on brands, but I'd go for an 8-string. You already have a 6-string, so you may as well maximise your variety, yeah?

To iterate, don't listen to those telling you to get a seven first. That's not how it works. They may as well be telling you to play a piano first, you'll still need to get used to it. Six to eight is no problem.
Ibanez RG2228 w/ EMG808Xs | Line 6 POD HD500 | Mackie HD1221
Whoah Whoah Whoah, START OFF WITH 7.
Have you heard of alternate tunings?
6 String standard tuning is E -Blah Blah Blah-. I usually drop the Low E to D or C and get a heavy sound. 7 String standard tuning adds a B string, then its just E -I cant remember the rest-.
8 String adds a F#.
F# is really low. Okay. A is about as low as you wanna go.
Unless your into doing Djent stuff and Meshuggah and stuff like that.
But yeah, start of with 7, Schecter makes good 7 strings, with a very reasonable price (They're Bloody Cheap!).
METAL!
Quote by Ultraussie
Whoah Whoah Whoah, START OFF WITH 7.
Have you heard of alternate tunings?
6 String standard tuning is E -Blah Blah Blah-. I usually drop the Low E to D or C and get a heavy sound. 7 String standard tuning adds a B string, then its just E -I cant remember the rest-.
8 String adds a F#.
F# is really low. Okay. A is about as low as you wanna go.
Unless your into doing Djent stuff and Meshuggah and stuff like that.
But yeah, start of with 7, Schecter makes good 7 strings, with a very reasonable price (They're Bloody Cheap!).

No. If he wants an 8, let him get an 8. The step from 6 to 8 is not any different than the step between 6 and 7. An 8 may just take an extra hour to get used to compared to a 7. Otherwise, the 7 will be a waste of money and effort. I know I wish I had gone straight to 8.

Suggestions on an 8 string would not be for the omen though. One of my local stores has one, it feels all wrong for an 8 i gotta say. It's also muddy as high hell. Agile's are vastly superior IMHO, but if you're outside the states, it's a bit of a risk(don't know your location).
Schecter Hellraiser C7 FR/Bareknuckle Cold Sweat/Liquifire
Godin A12 - For Sale
1991 EBMM Silhouette
Emperor 2x12

7+>6, ERG Legion

Like going fast?
I would build a guitar first, but start off with something like a used Squier/Mexican Strat, and sand the neck down so it's more like a Jackson profile. Nothing more satisfying than building a partsacaster, wish I hadn't sold mine.
Gear:
Yamaha RGX620DZ
Ibanez TK999HT
Marshall MG50FX (One that sounds good! :O )
Ibanez RG470
Line 6 Spider II Half-stack (Again, one that sounds good! Oh, wait, maybe it's just because I don't use unnessecary amounts of Gain and Bass. Twats.)
Don't listen to people who tell you to go to a 7 before you get an 8. I expect that most of them don't even own an 8-string guitar.

I jumped from 6 to 8 and I had no problems with it at all, so ignore those guys and get what you want.

I personally would say check out the Agiles over at Rondomusic.com, since I'm not too sure the 26.5" scale length on the schecter would be enough to keep the low strings nice and tight (plus I have an Agile 8-string and I love it)
Definitely agree with Corey, look for a longer scale length unless you plan on tuning it BEADGBE(A or G), 9s on a 28.625 scale is a LITTLE floppy for me (though I like pretty tight string tension) so I'd hate to imagine 9s (or even 10s) at 26.5...
Gear:
Agile Ash RB 828
Schecter C-7 (old 90s style headstock)
Handbuilt 6-string V
Handbuilt Baritone scale 6 string Iceman-copy
Pod HD300
I'd probably drop the 8 string only to about C.

I play a lot of metal, but I'm mostly going to buy the eight string so i can expand my arpeggios and chords.

Of course I need it for t3h bt00talz music also.

I just bought a Line 6 studio GX for $86, then I'm getting Metal Shop, so I only have like $210. And I'm getting EzDrummer and Drummer From Hell, So I'll go down to like $40....

Anyone want to donate like $350 to me?