what guitar does the guitarist from the Phish use?, cause it looks like he uses hollowbodys but still uses gain, which i hear results in feedback
he uses a paul langudoc custom. the guy used to be a techfor him and now makes custom order hollow bodies. aparently, at a university of berkely show try announced that paul made him a special guitar out of a magnificent peice of wood he had been saving over the years.

hollow bodies can use a decent amount of gain, but not a ludacris amount. look at ted nugent and geroge thorogood. they all played classis/hard rock with decent gain. its when you really push them. and if you were playing close to the amp that also would make it feedback.

http://www.languedocguitars.com/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qvCN16WvqWk
Wikipedia says 'Lagunedoc Guitars'. Get to the googles.
Quote by Joshua Garcia
my chemical romance are a bunch of homos making love to a mic and you like that cuz your a huge gay wad. You should feel pathetic for being such a gaywad you gay mcr loving gaywad olllol.
You can have all the distortion you want with a hollowbody, if you've got the skill to control it. If you don't believe me, check out Nirvana's cover of "The Man Who Sold the World." It's not metal distortion, but on the other hand it's not even an electric guitar. The feedback thing isn't microphonic or resonant, it's the same feedback you get from a solid-body guitar, there's just more of it--which means you can mute it the same way.

Incidentally, "gain" means "increase in volume or power." Every electric guitarist uses gain. Everybody who uses an amplifier, including a PA system, is using gain. You're talking about distortion.
Quote by institutions
ludacris.
It's ludicrous.
Ludacris is a rapper

I'm glad the obvious was said before I got here.
My Gear:
Suzuki Classical Guitar from 60s
B.C. Rich Warlock
Epiphone Les Paul Junior
Monterey Steel String Acoustic
Maton M255 Steel String Acoustic
Agile AL-3100 w/ EMG 81/85
Bugera 6262-212