I heard that you can send your Fender instrument back to the factory for like 100 dollars and they'll send you back a new one. Is this true and if so how can I do it?
I very much doubt thats true. If its not under warranty its unlikely they'll do anything, and you'd have to pay them to do it anyway.
Highly doubt it.

If you really want to try, worst that'll happen is they say no. Or laugh at you and write your name down and disfigure it if it ever comes into the factory.
Quote by Wisthekiller
tl;dr How does one safely remove the smell of a corpse from a banjo?

Would you run down past the fence?

Tell us, is the black box lying?
That is probably the stupidest thing I have ever heard.
ESP Stef B8 CS
.strandberg* Boden OS7
Suhr Modern Satin
Gibson Les Paul Traditional Pro II
Washburn N7
PRS SE245
LTD Alexi-600
Warmoth Fr00tcaster
Ibanez RG1XXV
Fender Strat
Jackson Dinky Rev
Agile AL-2500

Peavey 5150
Yamaha THR10x
They would lose so much money by doing that. Remember, they're a company. They want profit, they want revenue.. And even though they care about their customers, they don't care THAT much.

It's all about the money!

Mostly.

mostly..
While I don't think that this is true in this case, I went through something similar with my Bose 901s- they replaced a set bought back in the 1980s with new ones in 2004 for $500 + shipping. I don't know if they'd do that for lower-priced models.

Who knows? It may be something they do for their premium models- the only way to know for sure is to ask them directly.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
I was thinking that you exchange your guitar for a new one. They fix your old guitar up and resell it. Apparently I was misinformed lol.
Quote by Mlagz
I heard that you can send your Fender instrument back to the factory for like 100 dollars and they'll send you back a new one. Is this true and if so how can I do it?

Oh, you're serious...

Let me laugh even harder!

Actually, I go by Dave, but there are already too many Daves on this forum.

Fender MIM Stratocaster
Fender Jaguar Bass
Epiphone EJ200 Super Jumbo
Fender Excelsior 13w
Acoustic B300HD (with matching 1x12 cab)
BOSS BD-2W
NYC Big Muff Pi
it's true.

but you have to be a dealer. i'm a dealer. so i can help you out.

i'll pm you my address. include $100 cash and your guitar.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.