Simple question: How would one go about transporting a halfstack (Head and 4x12 Cab) in the most efficient way? I drive quite the small 2 door car.
You might try a handtruck, perhaps.

What kind of transport are we talking about? You could maybe strap the cabinet to your car's roof or something.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
Quote by Raijouta
You might try a handtruck, perhaps.

What kind of transport are we talking about? You could maybe strap the cabinet to your car's roof or something.

From house to club/bar for gigging. I think that roof thing is out of the question, I'd shit myself every turn because I love my amp so much.
Buy another car. What's a guitarist doing owning a tiny car? You made an erroneous purchase.
Having said that though, I once played with a keyboards player with a halfstack sized bass rig. He'd fit the amp plus a Yamaha stage organ in an old Mazda 1300. No room left to fit anything else in there but he managed. It was a right royal pita though.
You need a van or at least a full sized sedan.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Guitar on the floor of the backseat (assuming its in a case/gigbag), head and pedals in the backseat, cab in the trunk and whatever else you can fit.
what kind of car is it?
TALK TO GOD HERE --->

ME:
So you're gonna end the world soon?
GOD:
Interesting deduction. That was my original intention.
ME:
Well don't.
GOD:
Well that's okay. OK I will not.

Earth's fate saved in sig = EPIC WIN!!!
Quote by RaySolava
Guitar on the floor of the back seat (assuming its in a case/gig bag), head and pedals in the back seat, cab in the trunk and whatever else you can fit.
what kind of car is it?

This
Or install a hitch and buy a small trailer with a cover.
Or buy a bigger car/van/truck.
MY GEAR:
PRS SE Custom 24
Jackson DKA7
Gibson Explorer
MESA/Boogie Express 5:25
BOSS GT-100

BOSS TU-2
Dunlop Cry Baby Classic
BOSS NS-2
VOX Joe Satriani Ice 9 OD Pedal
VOX Joe Satriani Time Machine Delay Pedal
Ernie Ball Strings
V Picks
I've decided I'm going to go buy an Ethiopian handservant. Thanks for the suggestions guys.
I can fit my halfstack and two guitars into my tiburon so it can be done with small cars. It's just a pain in the ass to do it.
Quote by MortifiedLizard
recently I turned it into an Esquire that impregnates unsuspecting people with my children whenever I play it.

Quote by Duv
The only good thing about my MG30 was I was able to have it in my room for 5 years solely as a place to hide cigarettes and condoms.
You might just have to either:

1) Get a new car

2) Downgrade to a combo

Hell, Clapton got Marshall to make the Bluesbreaker because he wanted an amp that could fit in the trunk of his car.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
Quote by Megdidar
I can fit my halfstack and two guitars into my tiburon so it can be done with small cars. It's just a pain in the ass to do it.

Please explain how you do this. I have a Hyundai Coupe as well.
There's enough room in the back of a hyundai coupe for the cabinet once you fold the back seats down (that's the hatchback aint it?) I had a bass player that used to stick a big Trace Elliot combo in the back of his. You may have to put the head in the front passenger's seat, maybe with one end on the floor.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Last edited by Cathbard at May 22, 2011,
Quote by Cathbard
There's enough room in the back of a hyundai coupe for the cabinet once you fold the back seats down (that's the hatchback aint it?) I had a bass player that used to stick a big Trace Elliot combo in the back of his. You may have to put the head in the front passenger's seat, maybe with one end on the floor.

The genesis coupe (the hyundai I drive) has foldable rear seats, but there is only a small compartment from the trunk that it can fit through. Not to mention it's not a hatchback so I won't be able to fit it in the trunk in the first place. I could easily fit 2-4 guitars in my car, but I will only need to carry one. My amp head will fit easily in the trunk or passenger seat. I just need to think of a way to make room for my 4x12 cab.